Hi has any one used lansoprazole

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been given this for mild reflux I have only took one so far ,I have had a headache all day not sure if this was the cause any one else had this problem and do they help with the problem thank you

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have been taking it for years and no problems for me.

Is headache mentioned on the leaflet? or did something else trigger it. For me its an amazing medication and transformed my life so I wouldn't stop it.

• Posted

Hi

I have been taking this for about 6 months and have not noticed any side effects

• Posted

Hi! I was put on pantoprazole and within one hour of my first dose had terrible diarrhea and stomach pain like razors ripping me up... I got blisters in my throat and roof of mouth that took a week to heal... So my Dr. has now prescribed this iansoprazole.... But i am afraid to try it. It is a different med but still a ppi... So i just won't know what it will do til i try it... But scared cuz every failed med attempt sets me back weeks in healing. Sad about it cuz seems so many have success with ppi meds... and i sooo want that success too! Been watching here for posts on the iansoprazole... Trying to decide whether it's worth the risk to try it... I am sorry for your headache pain and do hope it passes quickly... Can you take tylenol for it? Do take care and post if you find it was from the iansoprazole... And/or if you find success with it. Wishing you the peace of good health.
  • Posted

May i ask you all (Ella, WKnight, and Jody) what is your prescribed dosage???
  • Posted

Thank you for the information smile (whoops I spelled it with an "i" instead of an "L") I guess it's not out of the ballpark then for my prescription to be 15 mg twice daily... I have not been able to find information on headache as a potential side effect or not????
    • Posted

Hi, I am going to try a few natural products that I have read that are good the DGL licorice is good and the mastic gum
    • Posted

Oh yes I've read some about them and milk thistle as well... I've been waiting just a bit because I find out tomorrow if I have to have my gallbladder out and many of the natural supplements say not to take them if you have bile duct or gallbladder disease... But I have been drinking aloe vera juice and it does seem to improve things as far as the pain in the upper abdomen... that and coconut water and coconut juice smile
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder out my pain was very bad before I had it removed and the same with my sister I know she drinks the aloe Vera juice and she has milk thistle and finds that they help a lot
  • Posted

Hi Ella,

I have been on Lansoprazole since 17th January I have been taking 1 30mg orodispersible table daily and it seem to be keeping my acid problems at bay however, its a lumpy throat that I have and I am trying to get rid of it.  There are various makes of the table that you can get that I find are all differnet, I tried a make of Lansoprazole a month or so agao and that didn't agree with me so I stick to the same make of the table now to see how I get on.  It could just the make that doesn't agree as I think all these kind of tablets do the same job inside.  Maybe go back to your doctor if you are still not well.  Have you tried any other medication that is like this?  I started on Omeprazole to start with then they changed me to Lansoprazole to see if it works any better?

Hope that helps!

Amanda.

• Posted

Thank you for the information my problem I think is mild compared to some I am going to try a few natural products to see if they help and if not I will try the tablets again if I have problems I will be back to the doctors and ask for another to try
  • Posted

Why would you give up after 1 day?

PPI's can be a wonderful drug, for me and others they have transformed my life. Have you ever eaten a food, its made you feel ill and then you say 'I will never eat that again'.... I doubt it. You often give it another try.

I suspect your headache has nothing to do with the PPI so I would perserve with it for a few more days. Or stop, wait until the headache has gone and then start again.

• Posted

Thank you for your advice I will give it another try

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.