Hi,Has anyone experienced pulitile tinnitis/ear-ringing since withdrwal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I tapered off cit.after 16 yrs. 2 weeks after I stopped I began having pulsitile tinnitus/ear-ringing and still have it 4mos.later.Dr.does not think after this much time I should be having this but I'm not sure. There is no hearing loss or dizziness.Who else can relate??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane. I can relate to the pulsatile tinnitus. I have had this in one ear only since i started citalapran. I am sure it must be a side effect but my doctor says its not likely and is probably just a build up of wax. I also have found that my hair is coming out more than it used to but apparently this is also nothing to do with the medication although both tgese symptoms are listed on the sheet that comes in the packet. I am sorry i am no help and hope this annoying symptom soon settles for you. Doctors dont seem to know much about side effects but are very keen to prescribe it. Lesleu
    • Posted

I have just been reading a forum about the ototoxicity of this drug and am well informed. I am going to give it time. Best wishes to you!

• Posted

Hi Jane,

It is a post from a long time ago but i am having the same problem with ringing ears with the use of Citalopram. Was your tinnitus temporary or did you have to stop. I am in doubt so advise is very welcome. Thanks,

Chris

• Posted

I have heard a dripping sound in my left ear ever since I started taking cit over 4 months ago , I have noticed it reducing since I started reducing my dose , I first thought it was something serious but now put it down to some type of tinnitus related to the drug .
  • Posted

Hi Jane, When I first had a major panic attack a year plus ago i have always had tinnitis well I think its related I'm also in a band so kinda not 100% but pretty sure its my brain at its max...well thats always been my belief I dont feel anxious or anything much anymore being on citalopram which I think is a god send!! I wonder though the pulitile tinnitis you are experiecning is similar ? hope it eases doll hnag in there I'm still alive so it cant be too bad ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.