Hi help

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm going for an Endescopy in a couple of hours and I am so nervous 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've had many scopes within the last 21 years. It can be worrying but is actually not too bad.

If you have sedation, you won't remember a thing.

If you just have the throat spray, keep calm, concentrate on the breathing and it'll all be over in a matter of minutes.

• Posted

Don't worry at all! Its not uncomfortable and very quick, you'll leave thinking what the hell was I worrying about! I promise you👍🏽
  • Posted

I'm a total and utter wimp when it comes to hospitals and treatment, so was dreading my first Endoscopy I had a few months ago, which was in fact a combined Endoscopy / Colonoscopy. I was so nervous and worried, but there was no reason to be. As Barretts says, if you have sedation you won't remember a thing, the last thing I remember was being asked to lie on my side after having the sedation, then I came round and they were just finishing my Colonoscopy. Can't comment on just having throat spray, as I didn't have that, but then again, I would always ask for sedation. It was a bit daunting going into the surgery room, but they all made me feel as relaxed as I could be.

Take sedation and I can gaurantee you'll be fine. Hope it goes well!

• Posted

Hi, No panic, best to get sedation. Hope someone drives you home. If you don`t make sure when they spray your thoat, with the tongue is depressed.  happy xmas.
  • Posted

Hi

I had one of these two weeks ago without sedation if your going for sedation you won't find it unpleasant. If your not then it is an unpleasant procedure you feel like a cat coughing up a fur ball.

Its normal to feel nervous and everyone knows what there doing to reassure you, you don't have anything to worry about other then to find out the case of your abdominal symtoms.

Good luck and all the best

• Posted

Hi , I've had 4 endoscopies this year alone, the most unpleasant was with throat spray. But with sedation or even part sedation you won,t feel much discomfort. I would not worry much as they do these tests routinely everyday. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Well you've will have had it by now, how did it go??  Its not the most pleasent thing to have done but at least its over in about 5mins.  I would NOT have the seditive, just breath slowly, try to kep calm and say to the tech doing the process to look at your thumb, ie thumb up your ok, if you put your thumb down they will withdraw asap.  Try and keep your legs flat and still, just think about nice things and dont panic, it will be over quickly.  Good luck to you and anyone whos having this done, dont worry and dont move and dont PANIC, no need to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.