Hi help with pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have been on pip for 3 years with on mental health issues I was awarded enhanced daily living on an on going award but no mobility and with recently what's been in news and mental health and mobility they looked at my report from medical and they noticed they advised enhanced mobility but dwp went against it and marked me down I've been advised to call and say I've got worse and can't go out at all on my own but will that effect my current award

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daz,

Who has looked at your report from your last assessment? Was it DWP or someone else?

• Posted

Hi no sorry it was my sister she is my power of attorney you see and she noticed it was advised enhanced mobility
    • Posted

Hi,

yes, i thought it wasn't the DWP. OK yes the upper Tribunal did rule that the descriptors for following and planning a journey were to be changed and the psychological distress part is to be removed. However, the DWP haven't as yet changed the descriptors to allow this. Also because you were award this 3 years ago the change when it happens will only affect claimants who were awarded after March 2017. As you were awarded PIP before this date then your award at that time was correct. When DWP do eventually get around to changing the descriptors they will be looking through all existing awards and will be in contact with those that weren't awarded correctly.

If you put in a change of circumstances now then you risk losing everything you already have. You have an ongoing PIP award, which means 10 years, review at 9 years. That's a long time and a lot of money to risk losing at this point. The descriptors haven't been changed. My opinion is you'll be taking a huge risk.

The choice is yours of course but reporting a change of circumstances they will send you another PIP2 form. Which will need to be completed and returned along with all of your evidence. Another assessment is most likely because it's rare to have a paper based assessment. If a decision doesn't go in your favour then your money will stop 4 weeks after a decision is made. If it goes in your favour you will have a new ward date. Only 47% of those who report changes go on to have a decision in their favour. A risk i wouldn't be prepared to risk, especially for mental health.

Good luck what ever you decide.

• Posted

Thank you so much I think you are right I would like to ask is an on going award for life or in 9 years do ihave to apply all over again
    • Posted

You're welcome. Ongoing is a 10 year award and they will review you at 9 years. For PIP it's the maximum award length before renewal. Very few people have this award.

• Posted

A review means they will contact you, you do not have to re-apply.
  • Posted

Thank you again will i have to fill that long form out again or will it just to ask if there are any changes
    • Posted

No problem. No, it will be a shortened version of the PIP2 form. Multiple choice questions, unless it changes by then. You have a long award and 6 years until your review. Relax now and take care!
    • Posted

No problem. No, it will be a shortened version of the PIP2 form. Multiple choice questions, unless it changes by then. You have a long award and 6 years until your review. Relax now and take care!
  • Posted

Thank you for all your help
  • Posted

Sorry to jump on the post but as its about mental health and mobility I just thought I would ask does anyone know if cases that have been decided by appeal will be looked at as well

​Thank you

​ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.