Hi hope someone can help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ive been so manically depressed and have suffered with bad anxiety and real bad panic attacks since i was 18 im male now im 32 and been on all kinds of different pills , ive been on mirtazapine 45mg for about 2 and a half years , but its not working that great it does help , i would be a mess without it , but when im ill im really ill , told my new psychiatrist i wish there was a higher dose of mirtazapine cuz it just falls short and im still very manically depressed , and he said still take your mirtazapine and we can add venlafaxine aswell (now i didnt know you could take 2 anti-depressents at the same time) well anyway i said no to that cuz ive had a bad experience on that anti-d , and being in a relationship all ssri anti-d's causes sexual disfunction , and i dont want my woman to think i dont like her anymore , so he said ok stay on your 45mg mirtazapine and we will put you on Quetiapine (seroquel) aswel he wants me to start on 75mg a day but wants me to go up to around 300mg atleast then more if need be , but from what ive looked up on the net , ive read that this is a antipsychotic drug mostly used for treating Schizophrenia now i dont have schizophrenia , but it does say it can help with bipolar and manic depression and it says it has calming effects but im also on a very high dose of diazepam and zopiclone at night , but he said it will help and if i dont like the feelings i can just stop them dead , but the forums ive been on have kind of scared me off a bit , cuz as everyone knows that are on mirtazapine knows you eat loads more and put a lot of weight on , well these tablets have the same effects , everyone was saying if your not asleep all the time then your a zombie , and you also cant stop eating , now im on mirtazapine which makes you eat loads now i will be on this drug aswel that does the same , i mean im over weight as it is so taking this drug i will be obese i guess ?

I suppose im just trying to ask if there is anyone out there that takes these 2 meds together , and what should i expect and anything else that i need to worry about , at first my psychiatrist wanted me to go on lithium with my mirtazapine , but because i do binge drink (i know i shouldnt but im getting help with that too) that i would not be able to have lithium so said quetiapine (seroquel) instead , but im really worried from what ive read , some are good but most are bad i dont want to put more weight on (i need to lose a lot as it is) and also i know its not the be all and end all but im worried about sexual disfunction aswel , it dosent say on the leaflet but some people have said it does have that effect on the forum sites ive been on , i dont know what i would do with out my girl , im rambling on here im sorry ,

if anyone that is on the 2 meds can help please do as my anxiety levels are up so much just thinking about this , and im reluctant to start until i hopefully get some positive feedback ,

sorry again ,

thank you in advance ,

carter.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi again i forgot to say in the last post , does anyone know how long the seroquel (quetiapine) takes to work ?

Thanks again.

• Posted

i take it no one else is on both meds ,

thanks anyway.

• Posted

Carter, i was on two meds together not the same as you but mirtazapine 15mg and sertraline 50mg, It did work for me until the dose of mirtazapine was increased to 30mg i started to get side effects so went back to 15mg and was ok. some of people are on two or three so it is not unusual..
  • Posted

Thank you for getting back to me ,

If there is anyone else that can help , please do so ,m

Regards

Carter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.