Hi I am kathy a newbie seeking some support from others suffering like me!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I would like to help others and also receive help. Sadly I am still in the menopasue confusion period although my last period was 2 yrs ago today..happy birthday..lol I kinda miss it now as i never thought it(meno) could be so bad  sad i hate how i feel look etc..need some advice on weightloss, also the veterans of hormone therapy ???I also found out i have thyroid disease in January and still going through tests etc been 9 months now sadly it is making matters worse to the point somedays non functional. I am here and wilingl help whomever i can and provide support and suggestions as best as i can to others suffering  but i need it too desperately. Thanks to all of you on here who are, were, or still having menopausal issues. I hope to get some posts back soon smile ! X    

4 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Big hugs at a difficult and confusing time.

You will find many here who can help so you should get good replies soon.

Taz xxx

• Posted

Hi Taz

how are you today... all good i hope.. 😉

big hugs 

jay xx

• Posted

Trying to stay focused and as they say in schoolboy latin "Ne te confedentum illegitemi", as still getting the run around
  • Posted

Hi Kathy

hello sweets, bless you...

are you under active or over active thyroid ?  

also do you take any supplements ?

i am age 50,had a 9-10 year natural peri.. but just in full meno now..

okay iodine of kelp is good for thyroid function ..

let me know what you take now if anything  

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Kathy

Lije yourself I have thyroid disease. Was diagnosed Hypothyroidsm in 2010 take 75 mg levothyroxine and this  year in march post menopause as no periods for two years. As you will read in previous posts Kathy it really is trial and error.  Whatever something agrees with one person might not with another. Im currently self medicating with sage pills for sweats ,  turmetic for my aches and pains. So far so gd I also take kelp for Iodine.  Because im mostly in pain in the morning very stiff and back ache big time. I wear an actipatch on my back all night and this has helped me. Twice a week I have a bath rather than shower in bath salts gd for  aches and

pains. Gd luck hope this info is some help..

Susan smile

• Posted

WOW thx guys fast or what smile guess i am replying to me as i am not sure how to compile a reply to everyone in 1 post or at all??? lol. l will continue to come back on and really appreciate the responses to my suffering i have more to tell but my wrists ache soon after typing and then weakness sets in and can barely pick anythin up that ways more than a few lbs so how do i reply to you all in one and not myself ???? i have stiff mrnings too on no thyroid meds yet borderline hyper/hypo so not sure where i am going hopefuly not more down hill  and just tunrned 49  feel 79 and my body well i guess invasion of the body snatchers in a nutshell ladies : chronc insomnia with sleep apnea , thyroid disease, meno  depression with anxiety and BDD, adrenal issues, etc...no quality of life spend all my time in my home unless i have an appt and many in the last 8 months ughhh ..... sad
    • Posted

Kathy

just a quick reply as ita almost midnight in spain..

get yourself some mega 100mg B complex, time release if you live in UK from holland and barret, make sure it contains 100mg of B6, this will help all your aches, anxiety, and assists weight loss, we lack it big time in peri etc... take in the morning..

also B12 5000mcg no less .... for energy.. treat yourself as it helps so much 

jay jay xx

• Posted

now i figured it out as i replied to 1 post when i joined as it touched me so deeply dum dum me lol ! still postingto myself as i would like to know how i can post in 1 to all replies??? Can it be done now my wrist is bugging me so need to rest see u all soon cheerio!
    • Posted

hi kathy

😃

just click the bottom of the message you want to reply too

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi Kathy

While your waiting for your results try & give yourself a little body boost. Blueberries are an amazing immune boost. I have just started eating them each morning with yoghurt & a teespoon of honey. I buy the frozen packets (350g) & eat 1/2 each day! There was a programme on telly last week on how great they were at cleaning up our bodies inside!

Worth a try but you need to eat them every day!

Please keep us posted on how you get on!

• Posted

Hi kathy loads if ladies in here to help we havelotsof  remedies for  you to try. Best of all we support one another which is great when you need a lift. Try omega fish oils they are great for joints your insides skin hair and nails. Vitamin c is great for renewing collagen and keeps your skin elastic. Lavender in your bath water is calming and soothing. Keep smiling we are all in it together x 

• Posted

Hi Kathy. (1) What are your TFTs readings now?

(2) What medications are you on?

(3) What are your worst menopausal symptoms?

(4) What is your position on HRT?

Thanks. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Andrew

why do you ask Kath these questions ? she is still under her own GP and undergoing tests she says..

i see your profile you say you are a GP in ireland , but you dont say which practice are you GMC registered ?  

I dont know of any GP's that would comment on forums this way..

and any ladies that takes advice of an annoynomus doctor would be putting her self at risk...,

We are a group of ladies talking to other ladies sharing very personal experiences about menopause .. I doubt you have any personal experiences as a male.... 

HRT should never be talked about from annoymous doctors on line women need care in this area and Gyno advice 

we talk about our experiences as women to women...  ( natural remedies, HRT via own experiences, and our own menopausal symptoms) 

• Posted

Followed Linked in link, unless a member cannot see profile so question is raised what is he hiding?

The other site on his profile is a paid for consultation one. Feel only here to promote  that and make money, otherwise why bother to put on profile?

• Posted

Hi Taz

yes .... Links and more links ...  we arent looking for a vastectomy ...

and men should respect we talk as sisters on here and butt out ..

jay xx

• Posted

As you say why these questions when Kath has made it quite plain she is undergoing tests. This makes them unhelpful and merely adds to confusion and stress.

It also unethical to interfere with another Dr, so as you say butt out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.