Hi, I'd love some advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm so over the moon I've found this page. I've been using olistat since Sunday and I've been so strict already, however I have had some very minor effects already. Ie oil substance and feeling very sicky in the morning but that passes very quickly. My question is, I have a family function tonight and its at an Indian rest. What would be the best thing to eat. I really want to stay focused. Ill order boiled rice but is there a chicken dish or vegetable dish I can have? I keep thinking of dropping out of tonight but I need to start in cooperating good choices while I'm eating out too. I have a big and long weight loss journey ahead of me. 

Thank you for any advice. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, yr best bet is boiled rice chicken dhansak or chicken jalfrezi as tomatoe based and not to fatty. Stay way from popadoms are deep fried and will go though you!! And a nan bread I'm not sure but I bet they are way over 5 g and take you over you're 15g meal. X
  • Posted

No! None of them u want any dish without sauce or u will have consequences trust me I had the same with Indians! Go for chicken tikka pieces unless you are prepare for a major oil leak, I'd steer away from them 
  • Posted

Hi Katie,

I personally wouldn't risk it! I'd stick to chicken tikka.  I've been taking Orlistat for 7 days, I've had no horrible side effects but I have been bloated. I too am still finding it difficult to choose something that isn't gonna have catastrofic results when I'm out and about!!! Good Luck. x

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. Stupidly I went for a tomato based curry and just had the chicken from it and not the sauce. Well, I've learnt my lesson because I had upset tummy and cramps all evening. I'm amazed at how quick I'm getting some effects too. 
  • Posted

Yeah that would of been the case but as you go along you will learn what you can and can't eat! 
  • Posted

Hi, i get the same sicky feeling some days and other days i am fine. when i feel sicky i usualy have bad stomach cramps not because i have been bad i think its just the tablets. hopeing your finding them ok. if i go for a indian i usually go for chicken tikka pieaces with a pitta bread and salad and seem to be ok never had any side effects with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.