hi I had bilateral knee replacements March 15.2016!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am doing pretty well, i think smile Still have lots of swelling and my left knee is the worst. I am still really tired and I am almost 6 months out. 

Riding a bike 3 days a week for 30 min and still doing leg weights for strenght.

Is it normal to still feel so tired some days, Like i cant move

Thanks for your feed back 

Alexa

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alexaj I had a tkr on left knee on 14th March 2016 and too get really tired. I ride my bike every day for 20 mins and walk 10 mins twicw a day. I work 36 hours a week as a teaching assistant and am on feet 8 hrs a day. I'm only 50  but am wrecked and so tired by mid afternoon. My leg gets stiff if I walk any further at once and when I am on it too long. It is a lot better than the bone on bone pain i had before and am now experiencing with my other knee. I am not looking forward to going down the road of recovery again but know it is in front of me sooner rather than later. Just try and take it easy and rest when you can. Take care xx

• Posted

Thank you Sue! You are so right it is better than bone on bone pain' I am so glad I did both, but on the recovery is tough! I am riding 30 min 3 days a week and doing 35 pound leg weights! Maybe I should add a couple of days of walking ! You will do great and be glad when #2 is done ! Thanks for the feed back! Thought I was crazy

• Posted

hi sue, i have had you in my thoughts, hoping your recovery is progressing as well as possible, your a brave tkr soldier working those hours, i know (i think i know) i wouldnt be able to manage it.  still have all the sps, still work at exercises, still plugging along.  sounds like your doing better since your back to work, every small step to healing a a big step for all of us.  stay well and strong physically and mentally... best, kathy p
  • Posted

hey alexaj, i just turned the big 60 this year. i had (like sue) my surgery on march 14, i said to sue "14" is now our lucky number ???  yes like sue, i still, have sps (stiffness pain swelling).  i do bike 25minutes everyother day and walk 15 minutes on machine everyother to everyday (probably should do more of that) and always do knee strengthening everyday and pool every other day.  oye, i guess that was enough to make you dizzy ??!!  for the swelling i push my tush against the wall and legs straightup on wall to let all that fluid drain down toward my thighs.  i do foot slides if sitting too long, like right now.  yes, i have grown tired and weary of this whole recovery process, not what i expected at all.  but what we going to do, we are but mortal and born to survive.  (sorry about the sarcasim).  of all things, i now have teeth problems, which i never had in the past (always went to dentist had regular cleanings), plan on seeing a different dentist after my two permanent crowns are put on tomorrow, my teeth still hurt after all this work.  anyhoo, im carryiing on, but come on "give a girl a break".  i find when the swelling does flair up rest is a good option. yes, being tired is definitely in the mix.... your doing fine, hang in there, and g-bless, kathy p... remember "patience" is our new friend, but always ask questions no matter what they are to reassure yourself

• Posted

Thank you Mkhp! It is definitely a tough surgery and I did both at one time! What was I thinking? But glad it is over with! Patience is a virtue,right ? Thanks for the encouragement I will keep pushing through the pain !

A

• Posted

u are certainly a brave of bravest soldier to take on both at the same time. i wish you the best of quick successful healing, kp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.