hi I have a querie about sdp

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I might be sounding a bit silly but will be grateful for any advice please my husband has been on esa and dla now pip for a very long time as he is very sick I have been claiming ca for just over 12 mths was he entitled to claim sdp before I claimed the ca and if so can we make a backdated claim there are no other adults in the house thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

If you claim a disability benefit as well like DLA/PIP then you would both be able to claim SDP. If you don't claim a disability then your husband wouldn't be able to claim SDP instead of you claiming CA. Part of the criteria for SDP is that no adults live with you, that would include a partner/husband/wife.

• Posted

Hi thank you i was claiming pip from last march untill this march when my claim for pip was stopped so can I make a back claim for sdp x
    • Posted

Was it the daily living part? It would need to be this part to start with. Then i'm not sure if you could claim this now to be back dated. Was there any reason you didn't claim it then?

• Posted

You would also needed to have been claiming an Income Related benefit along side the PIP. Sorry just remembered that. These premiums are so complex x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.