hi I have been on mirt 30mg 4 weeks its me 5th week, how long does it take for it to kick in??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been on on mirtazapan 30mg for c four weeks it's me 5 week how long does it take for the tablets to kick in

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i'm on 45 mg Mirtazapine.  I would have thought it would have kicked in by now -although I have to say that the only benefit I' e had is that I sleep.  It doesn't seem to have had any effect on the depression during the day.   They have now put me on 100 mg Sertraline to try to lift my mood as well as still taking the Mirtazapine.

• Posted

hi just had me medication changed to having fluxotine 20mg on a morning an 15mg mirtzapane ,just hope it works xx
  • Posted

Iv been on them 4 weeks they have been fab for sleeping altho I am on 7.5mg zopiclones too. But mood wise iv been very irratic ups and lows that much, I loose my temper (raisings my voice) too which isn't like me iv not been as anxious and iv not been as badly depressed as I was tho so I guess there is more ups then there was before. Guess it takes time
  • Posted

HI From what i can remember about them they took about 6 - 8 weeks for them to kick in just found they were to to sadaing for me, and also i put on about 2 stone in 6 months. but brillant for sleep. I was on 45mg Mirtazapan. hope this helps.

Michelle

• Posted

i to have been on mirtz for 4 weeks now 30mg , sleep solid for 8 hours but feel no better with my depression , if anything even worse just keep hopeing they will kick in soon ,  get severe stomach cramps as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.