Hi I have had a hysterectomy nearly a year ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Am finding it hard to loss weight and my Mood is very low is anyone else the same????xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Theresa, I am 19 months post options, and am also having terrible trouble losing weight, I put on about a stone beforehand as I was on bed rest and have lost a bit of it but not all, it is frustrating. I am now trying slimfast, I've been doing the 5.2 diet.

• Posted

Should read post op, silly predictive text.
  • Posted

Ho I'm 14 wks post op for total hysterectomy,A&P repair and tvt. I've gained a stone and I feel so unhappy with myself. I'm hoping to start my bike riding again soon and hope that will help as I just feel so frumpy.

Did you go onto hrt as I did and was wondering if that has anything to do with the gain (nothing to do with the biscuits Ive consumed with each cuppa Ive had whilst taking it easy. Ha).

• Posted

Hi girls

I had a TAH BSO one year ago and same put on around a stone in weight very frustrating, I had to have open surgery again in March to remove mass adhesions this was awful x I am on premarin 1.25 HRT and finding my memory is getting worse each day also losing my balance a lot does anytime know if this is normal? Always tired and grump, I also find that if people are talking to me I can't hear what they are saying? I am 45 unless it's the age thing I'm at a loss xxxxx

Nic

• Posted

Hi have the memory loss really bad !!am 43 am always tired and grumpy take today I could have easy killed my other half (poor sod )lol xxy
    • Posted

Hi Theresa

Yes at times I'm talking something I've just done and can't remember doing it? It's getting on my nerves and I know what you mean when it gets that bad your other half would look good getting a crack hahaha he says on a morning "have you took ya tablet" haha so I must be bad haha ???? xxxx I going to go see my GP and see what he says but you know them awe it's Normal!!! Really how do they know haha xxx

• Posted

Hi Theresa,

I'm having trouble losing weight too. I started the Atkins diet a week ago. I'm hoping for good results soon. It's hard for me to exercise because my stomach is constantly hurting. I will keep you posted on how the diet is working for me.

• Posted

Hi nice to know am not on my own ..yes please keep me up dated ..am going to try and start swimming and start eating more healthy xx

• Posted

Hey Theresa, I'm trying to eat healthy but mercy it's hard at times!! I'm 43 and it is so hard to keep the weight off. Swimming is not a bad idea.

• Posted

These are common complaints after hysterectomy. If ovaries were removed, it's a severe trauma to the body since our ovaries produce hormones our whole lives and contribute to the normal functioning of every aspect of our bodies / lives. And if ovaries weren't removed, they may have shut down or their function is impaired due to loss of blood flow. HRT can help with some of the after effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.