Hi , i have had a TVT on on the 27th may and is 2 weeks on and am worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

It feels like something has dropped down where the stitches are and i have that heavy period like feeling , in still having to wear pads which i was told can happen for a week or so! But when i feel down there it's not right, something has all of a sudden changed !

All was fine last week when the nurse took my stitches at the hair area but now I'm worried I'll have some sort of prolapse.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

im sorry you are still leaking after surgery.  I would definitely go back to your doctor explaining your symptoms.  It's sound like you have some sort of prolapse.  Best of luck and keep us updated.

• Posted

Hi Samantha

I see you had the TVT 8 months ago. I just had mine 3 weeks ago and wanted to see if you are still experiencing the symptoms you mentioned.

Did the sling help? Do you still have pain? 

• Posted

Hi monie.   I had a TVT 3 years ago and I can say its been one of the best decisions I ever made. Recovery is slow and there is some leaking at first but you do need to rest so it can heal.  Also no sex for at least 2 months and 3 months if possible. The tape has to embed into the vaginal tissues with no disturbance. Hope it works for you as it did for me.
    • Posted

Thank you Marina, your information is so helpful and makes me less worried. There are so many bad reviews, I am happy you have a success story 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.