hi, i have just been diagnosed with vitb12 deficiency.I ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, i have just been diagnosed with vitb12 deficiency.I have symptoms of fatigue, heartburn ,diarohea,cramps in tummy,shooting pains in legs n arms,pins n needles in arms legs n face,mouth ulcers ,memory loss,pamic attacks,vertigo,pain and weakness in my back.I could go on ! just find it hard to believe that all these symtoms i am having are the sole cause of vitimin b 12 deficiency.I am at a loss of where to go i have had my gallbladder removed ,attended a neurologist clinic,physiotherapy clinic,bladder clinic ,uringynacology clinic,had blood work done ,nobody has any answers for me and i am sick to the teeth of the baffled look i get at the end of any consultation !!!problem being every day brings a different ailment and by the time you complain to the doctor about it its gone and some other ailment appears !!!sick fed up of pushed to doctor to clinics back to doctors with no proper answers or no explanation or diagnosis!my own daughter is studying to become a doctor so hopefully she may in time be able to pin point what i am suffering from cause i am at the end of my road !!!has anyone got any ideas please email at **** :roll:

(Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.)

[i:a59c540cb2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a59c540cb2]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I sent you a mail but it was returned to me. Is the mail address you put on your post correct?

[i:dff3bdbd4d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:dff3bdbd4d]

• Posted

hi, sorry to hear of your problems, i suffer with m.e/cfs otherwise known as chronic fatigue syndrome and some of your problems sound similiar. this was once known as yuppy flu. its just a suggestion that you could look up on the internet as many people go undiagnosed for a very long time. i was lucky as we had a very good locum. hope this is of some help 8)

from eve

• Posted

Hi

You have just described all the symptoms (minus a few) that I have been getting. Extreme tiredness, pains in back, leg, arms, sides, chest, etc. Palpitations, dizziness, foggy head. I had been feeling really down and have suffered with depression for years, but in November last year I just burst into tears, couldn't face eating, just wanted to sleep and not wake up. I went to the doctor as a routine blood test had revealed that I had a low folia. I didn't know what this was and got scared as I had had a ductectomy approx. 2 years ago and thought it was something to do with cancer. Anyway I had booked an appointment with my GP and she told me that I had B12 and Folic Acid deficiency. She then prescribed Vitamin B12 and 5 mg of Folic acid 3 X a day. I feel no different. I am due to go back for another blood test this week and hopefully I will be back up to acceptable levels (whatever this may be). I have started tripping over and losing my balance more often and getting the shakes where I shake throughout my whole body from head to toe. Hopefully I mights start getting my brain back and knowing what I am doing and saying. Let's wait and see.

• Posted

Hi suzie

I have been through all you are talking about, my GP was treating me for depression but i said i knew this was not just depression there was something else wrong, i asked for my thyroid and b12 bloods to be checked and they found i was b12 deficient, to cut a long story short i took b12 tablets for 3 months which didnt help my symptoms, after asking the third doctor in my practice i finally got b12 injections, it took 6 months but i have started to feel a lot better again. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.