hi I have just found out I have a demoid ovarian cyst that has to be removed I also

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have fibroid  growing  in my uterus  the gyn and gp advice  is to remove  my uterus   and have the cyst  also remove I will appreciate  any one with similar  experience. I am so confused 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had cysts removed but not fibroid which was diagnosed at same time as cysts.  Perhaps it depends on size or if it's causing problems. Ask why they think it's necessary.

Originally they wanted to remove my ovaries as well as cysts but when I questioned this surgeon backed down.

• Posted

Hi thanks  for  that .l am really  worried  about  having  it all taken out at the same  time  so I will talk to the surgeon I go to see him tomorrow  keep  you posted   I think most of the problems  I have is caused  by the cyst  the fibroid  is small so I will  talk to him thanks a lot 
  • Posted

I've had a big fibroid for years (actually it was 12cmx9cm at diagnostic, then 17x15 when pregnant, now its "just" 9x5).  Never caused me any problems or pain.  I have just been diagnosed with a 7cmx6cm cyst on my left ovary.  The cyst HAS to go but I was given the choice for the fibroid.  I clearly got the feeling my Gyn would prefer to leave it be.

It came down to laparoscopic ovary removal (1 day stay, 2 weeks recovery) or remove the uteus and ovary by abdominal surgery (4-5 day stay, 8 weeks recovery).

I chose the laparoscapic surgery.  Im due Feb 09 (I CANT WAIT! Im feeling so crappy!!!) 

• Posted

Hi I think  now I will leave  my fibroid  and only  have the cyst  removed  it the best I can handle  right now thanks  for sharing  will let you know  how my pro op will go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.