hi i have just had a normal low back mri but i cant cope with pain and the doctors just seem to say

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Please help I'm new

I have recently had a normal low back mri scan but I am in so much pain I cant cope and its getting worse but all doctors want to do is give me pain killers. I feel so scared and debilitated by the constant pain has anyone else had this

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kelly

What did the MRI show? What is the pain like? A sharp pain down your leg or just at one place?

• Posted

Hi Kelly i'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering so much. My suggestion would be to try physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractioners any and all that you can until you find what works for you. Osteopathy worked for me plus a combination of painkillers gabapentin has been brilliant. I havealso recently had injections in the spine which have helped enormously. Good luck D
    • Posted

Thankyou Diane

My pain is now worse I am having facet injections tomorrow so worried about it how are you?

• Posted

Hi Kelly

Did you have further scan or tests done ? How did they know to give you facet injections?

I had an MRI scan in October last year and it showed my l5 disc protruding onto the right side but I don't have any pain in my right side only my left lower back, hop, groin, buttocks and leg ... Wondering if something else is causing the pain sad

Doctor has now suggested decompression and fusion surgery after two lumbar epidurals but am worried it's not the cause of my pain...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.