Hi, I have suffered from headaches for 12yrs, i still...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have suffered from headaches for 12yrs, i still have not found what causes them. I have tryed everything from food alergy,depression,excercise,glasses,head scan and just about every tablet from the doctor,which even made it worse. I wake most mornings with a stuffer head and then gets worse or sometimes may go once i am up.I have changed my pillars and tryed sleeping up right, no joy though. I have totally given up now, the problem is it effects my moods and i get irritable,which i dont want.

Can any body out there please help me???????

[i:44cb902494]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:44cb902494]

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, not sure if your headache is gone already but i believe you need to go to see the neurologist so they can evaluate your very carefully. 12 years with headache probably indicates that is nothing terrible, but i am sure that if you get appropriately evaluated there are treatment options to offer you. Once thing to remember, if you are waking up with those symptoms, think about obstructive sleep apnea like something contributing to your headaches. your doctor should be able to help.
  • Posted

Go to your Nuerologist and ask to be checked for Pseudotumor Cerebri. Are you female and overweight? These factors play in this condition. I too had headaches and eye pain for sme time span.

I am now treated for this disease, it is rare so they dont know a lot about what to do. My Optic nerves are swollen which could result in blindness. I have good Doctors now and less headaches. Hope this is not what you have, but find out. Be well.

• Posted

i used to suffer with headaches and migraines from when i was abou 12 yrs old, they were sometimes really bad.

when i was 17 i started smoking marijuanna and after 3 weeks i never had a migraine again still now to this day i have not had one migraine and i am now 28 yrs old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.