Hi,I have this very annoying hoarse voice,

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had some kind of a virus 4 weeks ago,it has left me with quite a lot of throat mucus,but I now have a very dry sore tongue and mouth,now my throat is really dry to and my voice is hoarse most of the day,I do take inhalers for my copd,do you think these could be causing my symptoms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes sounds lke something I had beginning of year. My tongue was sore and a bit swollen. I use inhalers too for my Athma, important to try and wash mouth out after inhaler. I used (spelling may be wrong) Cordasyl  mouthwash, I gargled with it too, not to be swallowed. My doc prescribed it along with antibiotics. I keep Cordasyl in bathroom cupboard now all the time.
    • Posted

Thankyou ooops64,I will definitely try the mouthwash.i am on antibiotics at the moment,still hoarse though,the doctor said I have post nasal drip and this is causing the hoarsness,but I do think it has much to do with these inhalers.
  • Posted

Hi  my mum has had a hoarse voice for ages also.  she has COPD also .. she was on puffers.  she changed puffer no 1. - so not sure. yeas as the other person said make sure you rinse.. drink lots of water.. not coffee or tea.. but water... constantly sipping.. measure your water out for the day.

?mum had all the tests,  CT with barium meal.  X ray did not need dye. . ENT 'scope .. nothing showed up.  It was not cancer, that was the main thing. she had MRI also.  After about 16 weeks or more it settled down a bit. 

?i am so glad to see your post cos it is either puffer related.. although not sure.. as she was using a spacer, and now is using turbo haler.  has not got worse and is back on the puffer she went off as needed .. back on.. so cant be those..

?but she is dry in her mouth.  each day she looks better..

?it was really annoying cos the doctor said. her voice sounds normal.  NO! it did not. all her friends were asking what was going on. She only got the diagnoses for COPD recently.. even though i cant find anything to say this is linked.. it must be.

?she was also not very well. so illnesses are now more likely to happen and are going to take longer to get over.. but to be TOLD there is nothing wrong with your voice.. was upsetting for her..  it couold be that her whole body was weak. except the ENT said no he could tell if it was muscle related ...

?do you have swollen ankle RHS with COPD ?

• Posted

Hi Rhonda1956.i was first diagnosed with copd 6 years.ago,I take three different inhalers,and.one is on a spacer but I can still feel what is left over in my mouth.i also get a very dry mouth after even though I rinse,my hoarsness started with some kind of a virus,started to get better,but came back two weeks later,went to the doctors again he said I had post nasal drip and the mucus is laying in my throat and I always have a blocked nose,so always mouthbreathing.i did get some ankle swelling this year when it was really hot. copd does make illnesses last a lot longer.
  • Posted

the mucus is brought up by the puffers of course .. after illness there is more.

​mum keeps saying she cant breath cos her nose is blocked.. its cos of her lungs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.