Hi.i just came back from ultrasound scan and they said I have a ovarian cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's about 15 cm big.and I'm 23..really scared how it's gonna affect me and worried about having a baby?? Can you please give me suggestions about this problem

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I suggest you should ask for it to be removed as that's quite large. Do you know what type of cyst it is? It shouldn't affect your chances of having a baby as even if they need to remove part or all of the ovary with it you will still be fertile on the other one. If you look up some of the older posts on this forum you will see that lots of women have had successful pregnancies after surgery to remove different types of cyst. Best wishes, Poll x smile

• Posted

Donno the type of cyst still.Thank you so much for the reply😊 I feel positive now.

• Posted

Hi

I had a 25kg cyst removed in April 2016. I had a laparotomy which goes from just under my bust right down to just above my pubic bone. I lost my left ovary and tube. I'm now 12 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby. Please try not to worry. I never thought I would be able to have children. Good luck with everything 😀

• Posted

Happy to know that you overcame those things positively..congratulations for your baby😊 And thank you so much for the reply,it gives me strength 😊

• Posted

Hi, I'm 22 and have been diagnosed with 2 dermoid cysts on one ovary, one is 10cm and one is 4cm. I know exactly how you feel I was scared to death when they told me too. Have you seen a gynaecologist yet? I saw one recently and she said that mine are probably too big to have key hole surgery so it'll be "traditional" surgery where they go in under my bikini line. Try not to worry too much, she told me that even if I lost the ovary your other ovary will compensate. And I do know a woman who had the same thing and she lost the ovary and has had 2 babies since all perfectly normal. I know it's so scary though but do try and be positive if you can. Also my hospital are taking forever to get me sorted out, and I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort so I have gone through the choose and book system to be referred to my local hospital. This means I'm now seeing another Gynae with a 2 week wait for an appt rather than a 6 week wait. This may help you get the answers you need. You can be referred through your GP xx

• Posted

It's like we both are in same situation ..i can feel how you feel..i am also scared much. I have seen a gynaecologist and they said they can do keyhole method.probably this week or the next one I will have surgery..i am worried much but as you say some others had baby even after the surgery,I will think positive.. Good luck for your surgery..Everything is gonna be well for us both😊😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.