Hi I'm 13 years old, I have been told and booked a colonoscopy by the hospital.

Posted , 2 users are following.

im scared about the whole thing i don't even kno if I can go through with it. They said I will be put asleep but the bowel prep sounds horrible can someone help me or give me some advice and tips and your experience just anything that can help???

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Y do they want u to have this so young? Don't worry the prep is the worst part just drinking everything. I went Tue for my colonoscopy and it did not hurt at all they will put u to sleep u will not even know what's going on. I'm sure it's nothing and you r fine don't worry ?

• Posted

There is nothing to fear except fear itself. Here is my experience

I had my colonoscopy three days ago, Tuesday. For about 3 months I was dreading it. I had read some comments on forums like this. I simply didn’t know what to expect. I wanted my doctor to say it was not necessary but they wouldn’t. I thought it is only a haemorrhoid. The decision was left to me as “a competent adult”.  Better to be “safe than sorry” they said but I have always thought that “ignorance is bliss”.

I even visited the hospital department hoping they would say it was not necessary. How naive was that!!!. Anyway I decided to go ahead. Arranged for my brother to pick me up after the procedure. The whole procedure from the low fibre diet on Saturday and Sunday all the way to the actual procedure was a complete anti-climax. I left the house at 10 am, walked to the hospital, answered seemingly endless questions about my general health, sedated at 10.45 am,  waited for my brother in the waiting room at 11.45 am, arrived home at 12.15 pm, walked up 13 flights of stairs, sent my brother away at 3 pm, walked him to the bus stop and walked up the stairs again. How lucky was I?? PS Everything was OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.