Hi I'm 34 and my Dr suspects lichen sclerosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi my Dr suspects LS of the vulva and perinium, I have white patches itching and my skin tears easy. I am waiting for my letter from a gynaecologist. I am scared to death I feel like it is a death sentence. Does anyone have any positive feedback from the use of steroid cream and moisturizer? I'm concerned about the scarring shrinking etc that could happen in the future. Ant advice would be greatly appreciated x

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, I am too am scared to death, I've just got an appointment date today to see a gynaecologist, not sure if I will have a biopsy done then or just a consultation.....either way it scares the life out me.

Lichen sclerosis was diagnosed by my doctor about a year ago but it has returned recently , white skin on my clitoris and round about that area too. No itch though.

My doctor has told me to stop using clobesatol and just to rub in cetraban to keep the area moist.

I am using shampoo and conditioner which has no parabens in, and also no SLS....this whole thing is driving me mad.

Honestly, most

of the time it's all I can think about. Life was much better when I didn't even know that LS existed.

This website has given me some comfort, it's great to know that I am not alone with this condition.

Big big hugs. X

• Posted

Hello Barbara, so sorry that you are finding this all so difficult. Do try not to worry so much. This isn't life threatening, it isn't pleasant but we can manage to keep it largely under control. If they decide to biopsy,it really isn't too bad and soon heals. You will get to the stage when you can put it out of your mind. I hope that you get all the information that you need from the Gyni. Take a list of things you want to ask and if you have someone with you prime them too. Good luck.

• Posted

Hello Ann, thank you for your kind words. This forum is helping me along the way already and I have just joined....it's all new to me.

• Posted

Hi Tracey, I had a little fusing which made the inner lips shorter. I had three months initial treatment which cleared the soreness and white plaques I then went to just treating when I was sore or itchy and I thought all was going well, but during this time the front labia met and joined creating a hood. Having discovered this I now use a weaker steroid most days.

• Posted

Hi Ann, how long have u been using the milder steroid cream for? Does it seem to stop further fussing etc? Xx
  • Posted

Hi Tracey it must be 3 years.I cant say it stops it altogether but it is much less than previously I have settled to accepting things as they are perhaps if I were as young as you I would have been using the Clobetasol once a week as well but for soreness and itching the weaker one is great.
  • Posted

Hiya I am alittle unsettled today as I went for a smear yesterday and they couldn’t do it been told to go back to the drs I haven’t been able to have Sex for a while any idea what will happen from here ?feel very sorry for myself x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.