Hi,I'm a 24 and i have "post-thrombotic syndrome".

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi,I'm a 24 and i have "post-thrombotic syndrome". Two years ago I had a DVT that ran from my foot to about the height of my belly button. I have recently had a "doppler" and the clot has only partly cleared. It is still badly blocked in my thigh region and I've been told it wont break down anymore. I'm on warfarin and wear a compresion stocking. I have 2 ulcers on my ankle which are at least 3 months old. This condition has totally upset my life and I am desperate to get back to normal. Dr.s I have seen have said what I'm doing now is all I can do. I'm not satisfied with that at all. I feel no one is taking me seriously! I'm too young for this. Can any fellow sufferers give me some advice??Thank you very much for your time.Wade BradyVic, Australia

[i:e5a5e4e478]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e5a5e4e478]

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I'm 22 and in August 2019 I was suddenly diagnosed with chronic bilateral DVTs in both legs up to my stomach. This is as a result of an atresic Inferior Vena Cava Vein (IVC). I'm now taking life long anticoagulants - 10mg BD of apixaban. I've also still been suffering quite badly with post thrombotic syndrome. Does anyone have any experience of how to manage pain from leg swelling?

• Posted

Hello, I know your message is two years old and I don't have anything ground breaking but I found putting the legs above the heart when lying down relieves the pain. I found the legs in a straight line rather than bent at the knee let the blood flow more efficiently. How are you doing these days? I hope you are doing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.