Hi I’m back again

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi im back on the merry go round . i went to rehab yet again last year from 10 JUNE TO 17 JUNE I think my 5th time but as soon as i got out i bought a bottle of vodka

Ive managed to keep it to 2 drinks, never before 5pm and not after 12 but my last (3) appointments with my councillor have been cancelled. Not by me I have to add.I think I needed that focus Although that is not an excuse, I think its kept me on track. I even kept a diary every day showing times and measured with precision each drink. I asked my doctor after I came out of rehab about a pill ( cant remember the name of it) but you can take it and you can drink with it but not as much. I know from experience that if I thiught I couldnt have another drink ID go hell for leather. Anyway, my doctor and councillor has said the only way to get it is if I see a phsycotherapist. Id be grateful for some input please. Thank you for reading

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susie,

It doesn't sound like you are ready for rehab if after 5 attempts you start again as soon as you come out.

It seems as though if you are only drinking 2 drinks after 5pm and in a 7 hour time frame that this must be much better than the amount you were drinking before?

I can't really tell from your post whether this is a worry for you or whether you shouldn't

be drinking for health reasons or mental health reasons or both?

It doesn't seem like you are worried about it too much though as couldn't you go to AA meetings, if your counselling sessions are being cancelled, to keep yourself focused?

All the best

Claire xx

• Posted

hi the pill you are referring to is related the Sinclair method , google it . there are some really knowledgeable people on this forum who hopefully will be able to cpmment and have been successful. good luck

• Posted

I think you are referring to previous conversations on this forum about 9 months ago, and the pill we were talking about was naltrexone (or the newer, nalmefene).

However, at the time you mentioned you were on Tramadol. If you are still on this, then you cannot use either of these tablets because they are counter-indicated with Tramadol and other opiate-based medications.

• Posted

THANK YOU to everyone for your replies. Much appreciated

• Posted

interesting how we are all different. Trying to limit my drink is impossible for me so seems as though you are doing ok. There are meds you can try while drinking as mentioned good luck!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.