Hi, I'm new

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm new and new to these chat/forum things.

I started taking Orlistat 4 days ago. Not feeling too bad on them. Had a couple of incidents tho - luckily at home!

I'm classed as morbidly obese, so have a fair way to go yet.

I've been looking round this site andreadine peoples comments now for a week 10 days, beford I plucked up the courage to post.

What I find the hardest at the mo, is my husbands as skinny as a rake and likes his high fat, high calorie snacks and goodies in the evening. My will power just seems to up and vanish!

I know I've got to be stronger and say no, but I'm so easily tempted!

kind regards

ClaraJacks

xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi and welcome CJ

We`re all here for the same thing....too lose weight! So don`t be shy ...just fire on in . Well done for plucking up the courage to post.

Think we all go through stages where our will power up and leaves home.. :lol: its hellish!!!!

Good Luck and enjoy posting with us all.

• Posted

Welcome Clara. Some of the previuos post are hilariuos and it's what keeps me going.

Just keep your sense of humour and soon you could be a skinny as him!

• Posted

Clara, Hello! & welcome... :lol:

You and I are in the EXACT same situation!

I was a happy size 12 before I met Stu 2 years ago, and look at me now, size 18 :oops: haha.

Im not saying it's his fault but we used to sit and pig out something rotten! Takeaways every night, I never knew what the word exercise meant!! He is a skinny milinky, he can eat and eat and eat and not put anything on! :evil:

That's a lucky boy for you eh? He has been really good recently though, seen how upset I've been getting and helping me ( watching what we have for meals, not eating sh*te infront of me, exercising with me)

Just ask your hubby to consider a bit of a lifestyle change, maybe go cycling with you, swimming etc. Its not all hard work, its fun when you have a partner to do it with!

Let me know how u get on x[/quote]

• Posted

hi ya

Dont worry we are all in same boat i am morbid aswell horrid name but at least i can say it now :oops: my bmi is 49 i was just about 19 st and size 28. Years and years of putting weight on and loseing it i ahve lkost 5 stone before. The weight due to job changes etc and no excercise i end up like this. I wasnt a big eater just the wrong things so fonding haveing to eat all this food quite hard.

I have started walking the stairs twice a day at work there are 56 and went swimming on sat which was nice, i have got my first excercise appointment on 28 aug that the doctor referred me to and the same day as my next weigh in eek.

I had my first kit kat today i just really needed somthing i am trying to be really good. At least i went shopping and baught some stuff for gym while hubby and daughter went into burger king yesturday.

• Posted

Hi ClaraJacks,

It is really hard if you feel your partner is not supporting you :!:

My hubby was very resistant to change at first and STILL will not do any exercise with me, except maybe take William for a walk. I sat down and really told him how I felt and my concerns for his and my health. You don't have to be a huge person to be unhealthy. They proved it on a tv program. There was this really slim woman and when they checked her insides she had more fat around her organs than the larger people :shock: :!: Because we can't see the fat we think everythings OK.

He now eats more or less what I eat except a larger portion of course!!

If I really start to get the munchies I go on the internet or play the playstation and that takes my mind off eating, most of the time!!!!

So have a chat with him you never know, once he knows how much it means to you, he might be a little more helpful :!:

Please keep in touch & let us all know how you get on.

SORRY 4 LONG POST

TTFNKal :wink:

• Posted

Hi Clara

I started my tablets 5 days ago and so far have had no 'experiences' I am sticking to a low fat diet but also find it difficult as my Hubby eats like a horse (he's no slim jim though :lol: )

I have found that going to the gym helps with the weight loss and actually managed to lose 21lbs just by going to the gym for 2 months (no diet!!) My weight / BMI is off the richter scale but I have decided to take the bull by the horns so to speak and do both.

There is plenty of support on here and we all need it at times so dont worry

K :lol:

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your very positive and welcoming comments.

It's why I chose this site.

gill-bbz thanks very much smile Nice to know I'm not alone.

At the moment I aim to walk for 30 mins a day, I also wear a pedometre, I do try to better my steps each day. :puff: !

I will talk to my husband - again :cross:

Thanks again everyone.

kind regards

ClaraJacks

xxx

• Posted

Yep, and if he doesn`t listen.....tell him \"THE GIRLS\" will be coming to see him.. :lol:

Sometimes people who don`t have a weight issue don`t think how difficult it is. Bet once u have a heart to heart....he`ll think differently... smile

• Posted

he shouldnt have to do without because you need to diet but make the same food for him as you do for you but double the quantity. My hubby dosent have a problem at all in fact his job is so active I cannot keep him going he likes big bars of fruit and nut and crisps etc and nuts. I just make him look after his stash and i get quavers in but i dont buy biscuits unless they are low fat type i just take them out of packet so he cannot see they are lol. Its always the same he badgered me to do somthing as he didnt want me to be ill but still calls me names the height weight ratio thing is wearing thin now. But hey it is me thats fat and i made myself this way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.