Hi,I'm new here,just wondered how you guys that work get through each day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Trying to hold down a job when you have these array of symptoms flowing through your body is so difficult...I just wondered if any one had any coping strategies x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm wondering the same thing bc I have no idea how to cope.

• Posted

Hi Abigail,

it's so hard isn't it struggling toworkeach day..trying to appear normal when you have all this stuff going on inside you...I'm 50.. can I ask your age?...Have you suffered a long time with your anxiety x

• Posted

I'm 24. It all started about 6 months ago. I had a bad experience with sum adderall. I had my first panic attack. It was the scariest hing ever. And ever since that day I suffer from really bad anxiety. I get panic attacks all the time and I can't go thru one day without feeling overly anxious. I'm so afraid I have a heart problem now. All the drs say its anxiety, its not ur heart buy I just find it weird that it all started the day I abused done adderall. This is by far the worst thing I've ever had to deal with. I just started paxil 10mg once a day. It takes a month to start working well I guess. I really hope it works bc idk how much more of this I can deal with. I feel like im losing hope.

• Posted

Possibly take some time off for stress....with a Dr. note?
    • Posted

Everybody tells me to take time off of work but the thing is I don't feel overly stressed. Can I be overly stressed and not know it? Can stress make anxiety worse?

• Posted

I think taking time out is a mistake unless you are at breaking point. The trouble with that is you might dread and worry about going back, asking yourself will you cope, will you feel better.

And running away is never the answer, in my opinion that is. We are all different and have different needs and methods of coping

• Posted

hey there...if you are not overly stressed..than save it for a time when you are...maybe just take a vacation day or 2...if you have any available and do something great for yourself.

• Posted

I practice some of the CBT I learned as well as medication
  • Posted

At the mo Peter I myself force myself out the door it's the only way to keep busy to take your mind off of it. what are the symptoms ?

• Posted

Hi Sean,

my main symptoms are head pressure<light headedness.palpitations and butterflies in the stomach..although i dont get full blown panic attacks.

• Posted

I guess the good news is not having a full blown panic attack tells me you your still in control and that's what you need to remind yourself- my doctor told me that my brain is like it has its own brain and dose what it wants! U normally won't have no control over it when your at your lowest, but Ian told this will get better and I am trying to push myself and believe that!!! Your body is under extreme stress, I'd say time away from work is going to be good BUT! Take that time off to take a little trip say from your current surroundings a weekend holiday and Holliday park with family or something just so your body has time to change but also what I am doing is, I'm going away and leaving phones laptops iPads behind , taking a cheap payg phone and leaning the number with two people and under no means at all are they to contact it unless it's a emergency.... Bit harsh I know but it's going to be my time out..... Hope that helps

• Posted

Don't think of the working day as one great lump of time you must endure before you can escape!

Take your day in half hour stages. Quietly and as calmly as you can go about your job for a half hour. Whenh the half hour ends give yourself a mental pat on the back for your achievement because nothing bad happened, right? You did that half hour. You can do the next. And so on and so on through the day. It gives you something positive to focus upon and diverts mind from body

Let your shoulders relax. Concentrate on inhaling slowly, making sure your tummy swells and not that your rib cage expands, and let your breath out as slowly and for as long as you can to expel all the air in your lungs. Shallow breathing is a major symptom contributor

• Posted

thanks for the advice Helen,

Just recently i have been consumed with when i can retire from work. ihave another 17 yrs to go,lol.

Although work does keep me busy and i do not cherish having days on end not having to fill my time.

• Posted

Great question , I struggle some days my symptoms of anxiety are

Headaches

Tightness in neck and head

Head pressure

Choking sensation around neck

And other symptoms that comes and goes

But for the most part I make it through the day but it isn't easy anxiety comes when it wants to .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.