Hi I'm new. Is there am my cure for HS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

does smoking help prevent HS? Ive had this problem for 18 years now and this year is probably the worse year I had. All over my neck and head in so much pain and doctors telling to take Advil or tylenol

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to the group. As far as i know, there's no cure. But it can be controlled. I've never heard of smoking having any benefit, only negatives including death. HS is said to be an autoimmune condition, hence one should steer clear of toxic substances and environments like first or second hand smoking. Do you get it in the most common places like underarms and groins also? I've never heard of it on the scalp. Always something new to learn. Have you tried homeopaths who have treated the condition successfully? I wish you relief.

• Posted

welcome to the group. I have only heard that smoking only makes it worse. As someone else stated, you should try homeopathic remedies. I have also heard that chinese medicine is the way to go. i am not sure of that yet. I have tried the pao Darco tea and it worked for a while but unfortunately I flared up again after a few months. In this group many people say its the sugar. But there are many different triggers for different people. Chocolate, sugar, dairy, beef, etc. I personally believe its sugar. when I flared up I had a large coke and a burger. I totally regret it now. Just try different methods and see what works for you. i wish you a lot of relief.

• Posted

I went on low sugar and low carb diet lost 70 pounds in 6 months but it's still flaring up

• Posted

one person on here said that zinc worked for them. its not regular zinc its Zinc picolinate. i am going to purchase some this weekend. maybe you should try that.

• Posted

Hi there

Whatever you do - don't smoke!

When you are diagnosed with HS it is one of the first things they say contributes to the disease.

Why? Because smoking causes inflamation in the body and HS is all about inflamation.

Control the inflamation and you control HS.

None of us know yet why inflamation causes HS in perfectly healthy people all of a sudden of all age groups. If some how that is unlocked - we might actually find a cure for this disease.

Smoking narrows the veins through which blood flows and as a result, causes inflamation.

Smoking long term actual kills the veins and narrows them so that you could experience narrowing arteries leading to heart attack and strokes.

And thereby making the HS symptoms worse because smoking causes inflamation which makes HS worse.

Just my take.

So if you've been diagnosed with HS - don't smoke!

Your veins with love you for not smoking.

Heather xoxox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.