Hi I’m New! Mono/EBV

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi my name is Ty, im new to the forum.

i was diagnosed with EBV in Mid March (17th).

my igm was 45.0 positive, Ive been having symptoms since March 3rd, maybe as far back as mid Feburary. I have no idea how I contracted the virus ive never had anything like this before, one symptom that made me go to the doctor was Major Fatigue for 2 weeks.

since ive been diagnosed my symptoms have been [Muscle/Joint Pain, Headaches, Weakness in legs, Upper and Lower back pain down to the hips and tailbone, Sinus and Ear Pain, Stomach Cramps/Rumbling, Pins & Needles, Skin Sensitivity, Neck Pain, pain in both ribs, Swollen Tonsils with stones]

no fever or swollen lymph nodes or night sweats.

my CBC is normal except for my a/g ratio which is 2 points high which ill attribute to dehydration. it's been about a month now and I'm still having symptoms and im a hypochondriac with anxiety disorder. i keep thinking its worse like cancer, has anyone recovered by 2 months? im a tad nervous.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Ty

I wish mine was over in two months. i got sick in August and had a wide arrange of symptoms, weather it was from the mono itself or from somthing else it caused. i'm still dealing with some symptoms. It can take a while, but dont worry. i know thats easier said then done as i have been nervous about every little thing because of all the uncertainty and all the things not really studied about it. i did yoga or just some stretching to easy my mind. your mind is a strong thing that can overtake you. try not to let your mind hinder your healing! even if you have a little mantra that you tell yourself when you get anxious. feed your body good foods and feed your mind. you will get there

• Posted

thanks for the advice kg.

ive also had shortness of breath and heart palpitations. with the symptoms Ive had including these two are these all typical symptoms?

• Posted

Yeah, as ridiculous as it may seem, ALL those symptoms can be 'typical' of EBV.

The worst symptoms for me (first 2 months) were the stomach cramps/rumbling and leg weakness. Fever was always mild, but chills were intense. Painful lymph nodes occurred in the third month as the other symptoms eased. Digestive issues persisted through the fourth month requiring a major change in diet.

• Posted

Hi Ty, Welcome to the forum!! So I had MONO/EBV when I was in High School, it was terrible...I had an enlarged spleen, fever, sweats, huge swollen glands(all over my body), joint pain, & all kinds of other bad symptoms, so tired I could barely get up to go pee( the one time I wished I was a boy, so I could pee in a bottle)...you really just feel like you got hit by a bus, and the bus backed up over you again....lol...I missed over 35 school days before I started getting better & the fatigue & joint pain lasted another month or two, I had to take prednisone(steroids) for the inflammation & swelling...I know how it drags on and on but, try to hang in there....it will probably start getting better soon, if you have concerns always ask your Dr. for reassurance, having anxiety is really hard, you can't help but think its something else, worse and it can cause OTHER symptoms...try to relax & take care of yourself, do things you enjoy, try to keep your mind busy, eat well, drink fluids, rest and if talking to others helps, do that too, lots of people on here, including me, will be happy to chat you up...Good Luck with recovery & BEST WISHES💒🎶🐾🌈🍀☮💞♾

• Posted

I posted some time ago,

I’m currently on week 6 when fatigue hit me hard then diagnosis was on March 17th (technically month 2 regarding symptoms started in February.) Symptoms have lessened but still there, the only thing that concerns me is the Stomach Issues/IBS, has anyone dealt with that often? Has anyone fully recovered and only had mono once? Lots of articles and doctors think a month and a half is sufficient enough for things to die down but it seems to stick around longer.

So for the ones that had it for 3 months and longer, have the symptoms lessened then died off or on the final month the symptoms were no more and you fully recovered? Sorry for ranting it’s just this disease is annoying and I’m ready for it to be over with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.