Hi I'm on ESA but only for my stamp I've got a assessment regarding my sickness .ive also put in for

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I fell down the stairs last year which I broke eight ribs. Broken collar bone .and a punctured lung ..I've had a nerve induction on my right arm and hand which they found severed nerves which won't grow back , so I have constant burning sensation and tingling none stop they've giving me nerve tablets to try and suppress it .also were I had the drain into my lung I also have the same sensation.i can't put any weigh on the shoulder were I broke my collar bone .i also have rhetoric spine in my neck where had a MRI it showed I slightly damaged it further..to which it causes me pain ..I told the doctor about pins and needles continuously they said it was from my neck ..6 months later its still there now turned into siaticer which now I'm in constant pain just had another MRI still waiting for the results..I'm on ESA but only having my stamp paid I have to go for a assessment to see if I still qualify ..I don't get any other benefits because my partner works but I don't know if there is if anyone knows I would appreciate it ..put in for pip as well I'm getting very stressed with it all because if I don't get any .they will force me to work in pain .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The reason they only pay your NI stamp is because you have a partner that works. Your ESA assessment will determine whether or not they still pay your NI stamp. If you're found fit for work after this assessment they they'll no longer pay your NI stamp.

PIP isn't means tested and your partner working won't affect this if a decision goes in your favour. Have you had your face 2 face assessment yet for the PIP? If not did you send in evidence to support your claim? It's very important that you send in evidence. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how your condition/s affect you daily.

• Posted

sorry to hear that Sharon , it sounds like you've got a trapped nerve id go back to your g p , if you were in work before your accident you should be getting sickness pay

• Posted

Unfortunately SSP (sick pay) paid by an employer is only payable for 28 weeks, once this has ended the person would then go onto claim ESA. As Sharon stated she had the accident last year so SSP is no longer payable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.