Hi I'm on mirtz now for over a year.....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been on lots different anti depressants .... Came off due to increased migraines

Found mirtz good for my mind, also sleep effect at night, and don't be drowsy during day.

Biggest side affect was cravings for sweet things, not normal craving, have to have desperate cravings.

These lasted about 4months, I thought now Ill lose the weight I put on ?

Didn't realise the med alone puts weight on. Fairly low since Xmas getting worse, read somewhere that "Wellbutrin" was a good drug an few side affects.App with my psych on Mon told her I wanted t come off zispin (mirtz) an try Wellbutrin. She will only swap me under supervision, so am waiting for bed at present. Anyone any views on what withdrawal if any ? Or on other drug. Thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya, Yeah psych wants me in to change over from mirt t Wellbutrin as says it has t be monitored, cos they don't have any day facilities to do it.

I also have "Social phobia" used to drink to solve it ...... Off drink now 24yrs.

Anxiety's a bastard ...... They don't like t give tramadol then.

I was on Amitriptyline for years.

Well seems ur doing good urself, Long May it last, Just take it easy lessening the meds.

Maizie

• Posted

Ah right, Wellbutrin is the exact opposite than Mirtazapine side effects wise I think.

It is more activating and not sedating, plus weight loss can occur rather than gain I think.

Your Psych may I have never had one so not sure.

It is a great mood lifter though that is for sure. I used to drink too for that reason but as we know it doesn't solve anything really. I still drink socially but I can do it in moderation nowadays.

Let me know how you get on with the Wellbutrin.

Stu.

• Posted

Welllbutrin didn't work for me; It caused insomnia for the three nights I took it. But everyone is different and it may be the right med. for you. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Thanks Stu ..... As long as I don't go too high hope !! 😳

Well Vicky you only took it for three days, it takes a week to ten days to start working properly,

I expect some hiccups at the start,.There always is when ur starting on a new med.

Hopefully it will b the answer for now. 😀 😄 😃

Maizie

• Posted

Maize just in case It came across unclearly earlier, I meant the Tramadol is unrivalled as a mood lifter in my experience. Beats all the benzo's and within the hour usually.

It is a great thing to have in your arsenal in case things are tough it staves off almost any situation that triggers your symptoms.

Stu.

• Posted

Oh right ok Stu sounds powerful....but you wouldn't actually be put on it as a regular daily med ....

Sorry Stu but what the hell is an "Arsenal". I only know the football team ??

Maizie

• Posted

Ha yes very. It may be prescribed by a psych in the know but not by many gps I suspect.

Imagine when you had the lightbulb moment of your meds kicking in, this happens within around an hour and the snri action along with its opioid binding power makes your world actually nice and depressed/anxious is a distant memory.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/arsenal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.