hi, I'm suffering so much at the moment. had depression now for more than half of my life.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Would love to hear from anyone who can help me with what to do and how to do it.   

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn I am so sorry that you have been suffering from depression that long. Have you been diagnosed and have you ever been on antidepressants or tried therapy? Diane
    • Posted

Hi , Yes I've seen my gp over the years and had numerous different medications as well as therapies.  I just can't seem to find anything that helps and my mood is so low, there's a constant knot in my stomach and chest.

• Posted

Hi lynn. Bless u its such a difficult illness to deal with, espec when it is long lasting. Same here... firstly id suggest going to see yr gp to discuss how yr feeling so u know what ur options are ie therapy, medication etc. Also talking is such a help it stops the isolation u feel and u wont feel so alone.

Everybody is different so it is hard to tell u what will work for you definitively lynn.

But if you can muster the motivation to go for walks and keep contact with people or keep speaking to people on the forum, all will help you overcome the isolating sadness whilst awaiting treatment to work x if indeed thts wat you choose x take care and best of luck, mandy.x

• Posted

Hi Lynn

Have you seen a dr? That is the first step. They may put you on meds. The meds should help you. Coming here and talking to us will help you to get things off of your chest. I’m sorry that you are feeling low. A good therapist is worth the time too. This is a safe place for you to come and vent. We will be here for you when you need us

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.