Hi I'm taking hrt I'm taking premique 0.3mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is there any of you ladies taking premique 0.3mg, I only started them today as I recently had blood test out found out my ovaries have shut done, I was wondering how good they are and how long roughly they take the fully kick in.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I've been taking this for five years. It took about a week to kick in which is longer than the previoud HRT I was on...probably as it's very low dose. 

• Posted

Hi and thanks for the info,  has it taken away the dizzy and feeling of being off balance, have u had many side affects with it x
    • Posted

During the first week I had to wee a lot but that stopped quite quickly. I've not had any other side affects. I tried to come off it about two months ago by taking one every other day but the menopause symptoms came back very badly...including being dizzy, insomnia, brain scramble etc etc! It took a week of resuming normal dose before the symptoms went away.
    • Posted

Hi I guess they work then, if you had that affect when you came off them, thank you so much for letting me know it means a lot  and I hope they work the same way that they do for you. X
  • Posted

Hi Sharon, Do you know if these are safe to take. I have read that there are potentially bad side effects from hrt therapy?
    • Posted

Hi Anne I think there are pro and cons on all hrt and it depends on the person, I guess it's like it with any medication but I'm realy struggling with this menapause so need to give them a try. X
    • Posted

Hi Sharon, yes I think in the end you have to balance what you gain against the risks. The articles from Jaynee may be useful, re supplements. People can be sceptical about herbal stuff and supplements, but I have found that they can work. All the best.x
  • Posted

Hi Sharon,

I've been taking the higher dose = 0.625/5 and it was to strong, so now I take this dosage every second day = 1 day on 1 off  it works but I will look forward to now taking the lower dose, it was not available when I started. Just to let you know I have found for me no side effects. It has kept me sane ( it fixed my atrophy problem ) Good luck with this.Regards. S.H.

• Posted

Hi i started to take premique 3 mill low dose today feel a bit worried about the side affects and feel a bit strange not sure if it is normal at first could you tell me pease have they helped you i also take an antidepresant
  • Posted

Hi sharon i started takeing them 4 days ago and they havent got rid of my flushes and i havent noticed much difference i only hope they help with the mood swings depression and the tieredness
    • Posted

Hi just wondered if you're still in the Premique? I've just been prescribed 0.625mg been taking for 5 days & noticed no difference (I have got a terrible cold tho as well atm), just wondered how long it was before you saw any benefits? I'm not sure how long I can stand the hot flushes & complete exhaustion.

• Posted

I have been on them less than a week and the hot flushes and night sweats have really got less but I have today got really bad stomach cramps not sure if this is because my period would have been due not had one for three months anyone had similar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.