hi i take 30/500 co codamol as i suffer with fibromyalg...

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi

i take 30/500 co codamol as i suffer with fibromyalgia pain and m.e pain...i try not to take them unless i really cannot cope with the pain...however i have been taking them for the last day (6 tablets ...2 tablets...3 times daily...however i expect the drowsiness and the blurred vision but the stomach pain i am having is horrendous.i just wondered if anyone else had this problem as it doesnt say in the side effects in the box.

regards

zeb

[i:dd25026bbd]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:dd25026bbd]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I find that the stomach ache goes if I take them with a full glass of milk. Hope this works for you
  • Posted

ive been takein them for yrs now and the stomach pain is constipation ask your doctor for some laxatives!!!
  • Posted

I have taken co-codamol for years if I have flu or my back flairs up without any problems. i only take them rarely but find they get rid fo the pain better than paracetomols. Anyway I have the flu so took a dose every three hours - all was fine until this morning - I took my dose (just 8/500) and about half an hour later I had the most intense stomach pains I have ever had. They were in my upper abdomen and spread around to my back.

I have read on here that if you have these you need to go straight to the A&E but I didn;t know that at the time. Anyway it has calmed down a bit - still sore and achey but not intense agony. I was literally rolling around on the floor.

A bit more reading suggests that it was either a gallbladder attack - aggravated by the codeine or a intolerance to the codeine - not the same as an allergy. Anyway I already cannot take NSAI's so now looks like I am stuck with Paracetomol which don't often touch bad pain.

• Posted

Woops - meant to say every six hours not every three!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.