Hi , I think my partner is addicted to enemas or something . Feeling worried .

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I’m at a loss to be honest . 

I guess really this is none of my business either . 

My dp told me from the outset he had issues with his bowels . Basically that he needed at least as hour in the bathroom at least once a day . It’s more . 

So I’ve noticed that he always uses the bathroom bin . Where we are the bin has been used and washed out .

Firstly he’ll take it from one bathroom to the bathroom he uses and return it clearly washed out .

Most times I’m in ear  shot of the bathroom , esp when we’re away . After he’s issued the toilet he fills the sink up with water then I think climbs into the bath ( empty ) for about 20-30 mins . Then it sounds like he has explosive diarrhoea and then I hear what i imagine is the bucket being emptied / or washed and then another sink full of water and vigourous hand washing . He comes back to bed and his stomach gurgles terribly  sometimes .

He does suffer with anxiety and depression too which be an influencing factor  . 

He’s a very private man and not sure how he’d feel about me knowing but he knows that I know something because I told him we’d talk when he was ready and that it might be something that can be managed better in time .

I love him dearly and it’s really affecting him . He seems to often have a bad tummy and is lethargic and washed out . Also it means he has tj get up at least 2 hours before we leave and sometimes I’ve heard him go through this routine in the middle of the night when we’re away or he’s particularly stressed . 

Also even though it’s nothing to do with me I don’t like thinking about him doing that . 

Could it be something else ? 

Do people get addicted to self enemas ? 

I won’t nose about but he never takes anything else unless it’s in his wash bag so maybe I’m just over thinking . 

Could he be causing long term damage ? 

Would talking to someone be if any benefit in managing it ? 

Sorry I’m just worried about him x 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes people can get addicted to enemas for kinky thrills its called ""klismaphalia"",its more common in teenage boys who got frequent enemas at onset of puberty from mom/aunt,etc.

the enema nozzle rubs a boys prostate gland causing sexual stimulation a boys never felt before,usually causing an orgasm by accident.the enema is then associated with pleasure,leading the boy to want to feel it again.

Some boys will then fake constipation to get enemas all thru their teens,without moms knowing it

I should know it happened to me

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and private message . 

No he doesn’t do this in the least for sexual pleasure . He has a demanding career and doesn’t get any joy out of  having to get up at 5 am to do this . We have an amazing intimate relationship and he knows I’d be open to this is it was his preference . I love him regardless and without judgement . 

I’ve now approached him . 

He’s been doing it every day for  30 years and no one ever knew until me . He knows there is no judgement from me only support to try and give him some control back over his addiction so he can sometimes choose not to add two hours to his already stressful day . He’s agreed we will see the GP together and also start some CBT with no pressure to make any changes just start to address it in his own time . 

Is this really so unusual ? 

• Posted

I have a bowel disorder and it's no fun at all, maybe you need to ask the Dr for a specific test what i had , which was missed for 6 years, now i'm left in a terrible situation, i have to spend hours and hours a day using an irrigation system because now enemas are not working

Nobody likes to discuss this very embarrassing condition it's called "the unknown" as people shy away yet it's an everyday bodily funtion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.