Hi .. i'v been losing weight since August 17 ..

Posted , 7 users are following.

My last period was August .. Been to the GP .. gave Bern referred 2 Gastrointestinal team 4 investigations .. I'm panicking thinking the worst .. I'M 55 years old ..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear harderv

I lost weight in peri due to gastitis , I have read other womens stories on here who loose weight in peri, best get tests done for peace of mind but I lost alot of weight which freaked me out! Thankfully the gastitis cleared and my weight went the other way but now it has levelled back off again x

• Posted

Hi hun, whatever you do, dont panic and assume the worst. Meno can affect your appitite drastically. I've lost over 40 pounds in 9 weeks or so. I have a horrid taste like soap in my mouth all the time. My mouth is dry all the time too. I have no interest in food at all so I force myself to eat something every day but it is not alot so my weight is plummeting. I'm sure its just hormones with both of us, and I'm also 55! XXX

• Posted

Hi Tina, me too but you have to eat though when you can if its hormonal I think it should one day stop for us I have some appetite at one point none it's.Worrying sometimes  

• Posted

As I'm a large lady I dont let it worry me too much. I do usually manage something every day but not alot. It wont do me any harm to lose some weight anyhow and I've never been able to lose much before due to polycystic ovaries and steroids to treat it! XXX

• Posted

Hi darl, I’m 51 and ive lost weight since menapause been over 3 years. My weight is staying stable at the moment but it panicked me to but dr said it’s nothing to worry about. Had all blood counts done and every thing else lol and it’s all good xx
    • Posted

Thanks karen .. really I'm thinking the worst .. but I feel fine otherwise .. get indigestion sometimes .. but othwise it's just weight loss the worrying thing ..

• Posted

I don't have much of an appetite either. I makes myself eat three meals a day during the work week. But most weekends I only eat once or twice a day. I drink water and take a good multivitamin so I have some energy to go about my daily duties. Don't panic, from what I've seen on this forum a lot of women lose weight.

• Posted

Hi do you think it will stop loosing weight bit I hope so I'm skinny to what I was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.