Hi. I've been experiencing numbness in my right foot , particularly my toes. Plz help

Posted , 5 users are following.

My right foot is very numb especially my toes and I'm very worried because it's like this 3 weeks now. Can anyone help with some information please

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi how long since your op ?  Mine was done on 2 December and I’m still experiencing numbness in both feet around the big toe area. I think this is quite normal 
  • Posted

Hello Raymond,

I had my bunion surgery in May of 2016. I am still suffering from numbness in my toes. I think the doctor cut a nerve. I am really quite upset about it.

Charlotte

• Posted

You said you have numbness in both feet? Did you have surgery in both feet?

Charlotte

• Posted

Hi Charlotte.

I only have numbness in my right foot and it's mainly in my toes now. I've never had any surgery in either feet or had bunions on either feet ( thank God ).

I'm doing physio and getting massages and that's helping.

• Posted

Has the numbness not eased at all in the 18 months since your surgery. Is there no where to report what happened to you.
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte. Yes had both feet done at the same time.   Probably easier to recover as I literally couldn’t do anything for the first few weeks and because I had surgical shoes on both  feet probably easier to balance than if I’d only  had one done 
  • Posted

Ok sounds like it is the right foot - Perhaps you can try changing your shoes on your right foot

Does your right toe have a lot of pain

• Posted

I actually did change my foot -wear to trainers with more room and along with the physio I'm doing , it's helped a lot. I've a little bit more stability in my right foot. Not 100% but a lot better than last week. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Yes my right big toe is in pain , but not as much as last week ,and two weeks ago I was using crutches, I think the physio is helping and I bathe my feet every night 🌙.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.