Hi, I've been on cit for six months and nowish to come off it. Does anyone have any advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I want to come off the medication but must admit I'm quite scared about this. I know I have to do it slowly, does anyone have any advice? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

See ur doc to put u on a plan to reduce and come off mate good luck
  • Posted

I found coming off them easier than starting them.  Best done really, really slowly reducing the meds by 5mg perhaps? each time allowing your body to adjust for a few weeks before reducing again by 5mg, and so on until finished.  Can take a few months.  Still got some side effects, and I felt a little strange, but nothing dreadful.

K x

• Posted

Hi, I have not been on it that long however when talking to my doc lastweek after 3 weeks he advised I should be able to just stop ?? which I didn’t fully believe as some of the great folk on the group have advised some withdrawal symptoms so I would imagine there could be a few withdrawals however I really can’t comment can anyone else give some food for thought for our friend?

• Posted

Blimey, don't just stop taking the meds, however long you've been on them.  You'll be very, very ill and very scared too.  Dangerous thing to do.  Withdrawal should be as slow as possible over months.  

K x

• Posted

I see my Doctor tomorrow about reducing and I undrestand it will be a very, very slow process. We shall have to compare notes and all the other stuff!

Good Luck!

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.