Hi,I've been suffering anxiety and depression.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's almost seven years that I've been suffering anxiety and depression but these two years were worse.I can't manage to go out or make new friends because whenever i even talk to someone,I think i said something wrong or stupid to that person.I'm literally feeling SO AFRAID OF PEOPLE.Can anyone tell me if this happens to you and if there is some treatment or cure please?

PS NO Medications because pills get me more anxious.

Thanks very much!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Maybe you are just over thinking things a little and should try and go with the flow.

Richard

• Posted

I think what you are describing is Social Anxiety. Go to your doctor (if you trust them, if not, find another doctor) and ask to be referred for treatment for Social Anxiety. This doesn't need to involve pills. If you can't go out then phone them up.

One point, everybody feels anxious in social situations. We are afraid that we will be judged. It's just that some people are better at hiding it than others (or drunk, or stoned).

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty. Have you considered talking this through with a therapist/counsellor? I am wondering if your self-esteem is very low too and you are fearful of being criticised? Talking this through can help you understand yourself more; maybe by exploring your past, childhood relationships and how they may link to your present problems and how you feel about yourself. Feeling anxious and depressed is often because we have some uncomfortable feelings and emotions which we wish to avoid, so we develop defences against these feelings as children so that we can cope with everyday life. As adults the defences work against us and we may feel that we cannot cope and different things in our everday life may start to trigger off these childhood feelings, so we start to feel anxious as we try ignore these feelings. Talking with someone in a safe, caring space can help you begin to make sense of whats troubling you and by recognising your feelings, you can begin to feel less depressed and anxious. I wonder if the thought of taking medication makes you feel unsafe and more anxious because of noticing the change of feelings in your body?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.