Hi,i wanna use orstilat.Someone can help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,what can i do to use orstilat. what can i say to doctors?bcz already they know i try to loose but always i put back.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I think you have to be quite a bit over weight in the first place.

My doctors would not give it to me until I showed I was commited to loosing weight and showed some weight lose of my one before prescribing Oristat.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I went in and burst into tears!! and through sobs explained how i felt about being VERY over weight.  I think Precipitusdaisy is right you have to be over wieght to have them.  I expalined all the diets and quick fixes I had tried and failed and that I needed help with loosing the weight.  I have also joined Slimming World for extra help.

Good Luck Tabita91, just explain how you feel and what you have done before to try and loose the weight. xxx

• Posted

yes am over weight,and my btm is 32. I try many diets before always i checked my weight with them after i finish a diet. BUt always i put it back. I wanna tell them to give me,but how can i convince them bcz i beg them to put me into a program but they send me home just with a plan diet. I think doctors are too lazy to think at your health
    • Posted

Can you talk to a different GP or the nurse they may have empathy for you? and see that you are trying and need a little help. x
    • Posted

Sometimes Doctors and not the best people to talk to, most of them are rushed off their feet, try speaking to your healthcare professional on your practice, thats what I did, she weighed me and then refered me to the Nurse Practitioner, I have about another 9 days before my monthly weigh in, only if I show a loss of between 2-3 lbs a week will they will give me a repeat prescription.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

If I will go again and ask them for sure will disappoint me again bcz I know how they are 2 years now trying to tell them I eat healthy but still I put on weight. Whats gonna happen if I will buy xenical and I will use?
    • Posted

Anyways I will call and book again an appointment with healthcare practioner and hope will do something. 
    • Posted

Think thats around 15 stone 10 lbs, so I dont see no reason why they would not prescribe it for you, unless of course you have some underlying health issues. When you visit the halthcare practitioner tell them all the things you have done in an attempt to drop weight, walking swimming and if you have joined WW or Slimming word mention it, tell them you are really concerned about your health etc.

Unfortuntely there is nobody in the forum that can assist you on being prescribed Oristat, this is just a forum for people that are all ready on it.

You could of course try an over the counter version, although its only a 60mg version as opposed to our 120mg.

I wish you luck, I really do, I have empathy for how you feel about your weight and I am sure I can speak for most members of this forum too.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank u very much. I will call to my gp to get in touch with healthcare practioner bcz before I been talking just with gp doctors. 
    • Posted

I have got to lose 5% of my weight in the first month period, for them to give me a repeat prescription.  I think it must vary depending on weight or what GPs expect?? 
  • Posted

Thanks I will try.
    • Posted

Believe me it's better for them if you ask about going on the tablets than asking for a gastric (not that i would have one) they will be more than happy to dish them out good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.