Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had bunion surgery five weeks ago which also included having my large toe broken as it turned in so badly. So far it's been a huge success! I was only in hospital for approx 6 hours and was shocked that three hours after surgery I was home! I only had pain for three days although the pain killers sorted that so no pain really and slept well etc. My foot is perfectly straight but my concern is that my big toe is totally numb, quite swollen and can only wiggle it very slightly. Is this normal? I'm seeing my surgeon next week but starting to panic as I thought by one I would be able to have more movement. Thanks CJ

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to see you had no response. How are you now? I had surgery yesterday so still pretty pained tho bearable. My concern is my feet won't be as straight as I imagined. How did yours work out?
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your message my foot is all recovered now and I'm thrilled with the results I have most of the feeling back now and foot is straighter than I could have imagined. If you only had yours recently I would def advise you to allow at least six weeks for recovery. I was wearing high heels at Christmas which I didn't think would be possible!! I'm now waiting to have my other foot done. Let me know if I can help either anything else? CJ
  • Posted

Hi all

I had my bunion and Morton's Neuroma ops done on the same foot 6 weeks ago. Recovery went really well and I have not needed pain relief for over 4 weeks now. I went back to work this week and that was really hard. Because I have not moved much for 6 weeks,it was like going to the gym for the first time. My back and muscles are all sore. Because I teach,elevating the foot has not been possible for most of the day and the swelling is really bad. But once I get home and rest the foot all is good. I bought diabetic slippers I saw on Amazon and they have been great to wear at work. They have Velcro fastening at the front and the heel to expand when the foot swells up. But the greatest help comes from my colleagues and students who have been doing their best to keep me off my feet.

Good luck everyone with the recovery.

• Posted

Thanks for replies. Yes I'm not planning much for 6-8 weeks mobility wise. The bandages are so thick I will have to wait and see when stitches out in two weeks. Have a lot of numbness in the front of one leg. Had loads pins and needles last night so had to stand to help circulation only few hours after op!! Thanks for the encouragement. I did both feet together as I don't want to miss the gardening season :-) 🌺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.