hi im needing some advice on 2 eye issues if anyone can help? :)

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been experiencing eye flickering at the bottom of my right eye corner for nearly 2 years now it doesnt affect my visian although i wear glasses for distance the last few years, the flickering is annoying but not painful or in the way of my vision. I was refered to an otholmologist last year by my gp, a small retinal tare was found but nothing to worry about as its so small. I was told to look out for any suddern flashes etc as that would be a sign of detatchment. I dont really know what else to do now as its still there? any ideas, could it be eye strain i look at a computer screen every day or tv/mobile or a form of migraine lack of sleep/stress?

The second issue is my step dad suddenly went blind 10 years ago and has optic nerve damage, ive searched everywhere to see if theres any new treatments being developed but moorefield etc dont seem to have any promising treatments. We dont really want to go abroad to try things that may not work and cost a bomb or build his hopes.

thanks

sarah

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. I find eyes and the vision very scary as we can’t control anything. For a year and a half I’ve had many vitreous  haemorrhages. I’ve had over 1500 vessels lasered ... I now have flickering around the whole of my damaged eye. No one seems to know what it is and I’m getting used to it. If I go from light to dark or dark to light it really goes mad   Very bizarre. I’m oresuming it’s damage to the eye from the continual tasering !!!   

• Posted

It is very scary, Especially when you start googling and researching, retinal detachment. I feel i have got used to the flickering now some days are worse than others but as ive had no treatments or surgery i am really clueless to what has caused it and if it will ever go or get worse?

• Posted

It’s bloody awful isn’t it. I feel it’s the one organ that just does it’s own thing and as it’s painless there no point in taking painkillers !!! Keep your chin up !!! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.