Hi, im new to this

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, i have just found this forum, and isnt it fantastic smile

I am Kelly, im 23 and have just been prescribed orlistat by my GP after i went to see him about trying to lose weight after having my daughter 14 weeks ago, i have lost all my pregnancy weight but need to lose 3 stone more. I am curious as to how long you have all been on orlistat and how much weight you have lost.

Ive taken my first tablet this morning smile

I know its not a miracle pill and i have to change the way i eat, i tend to snack instead of sitting down to a meal. But i am hoping that once the weight is off i can adapt my eating habits to keep it off.

Thank you in advance.

Kelly xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to a wholen ew way of life.

I've been on the pills for about 2 weeks now. I lost 9lb in my first week but I believe that is quite high (I have about 10 stone to lose so perhaps why I saw such a big loss)

The forum is great for tips, ideas and support but most of all, honesty. If you have any questions (no matter how embarassing) someone on here usually has an answer.

Good luck

Sam x

• Posted

Hi there Kelly,

I like you am quite new to this. I have been taking the tablets for 7 weeks now and have lost 12 lbs and very pleased with myself! :lol: I have about 3 stone also to loose, so the weight comes off a bit slower [according to the MAP advisors] but is averaging about 1 - 2 lbs a week, which they say is fine. :wink:

They are a friendly bunch on here, and have to say I don't post much, but do enjoy reading the chit chat, and have got a few tips! :roll:

So good luck and hope to see you pop into the forum periodically....

BM x 8)

• Posted

Hi kelly and welcome this is a fantastic site full info and help and support but most importantly people who are going thru the same as u can relate to you and offer help....its great.good luck in ur weight loss x :D
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the forum - I've been on the bluey's since May and lost just over 1 stone - but I think I could have done a bit better :oops:

My advice would be to drink plenty of water - at least 8 glasses a day and watch the low fat items - especially the snacky things as although they may be low in fat they have heaps of sugar in them and also the fat that is in them is probably not good fats but hyrogenated fats which can cause high cholestrol if eaten too much.

Good luck in your goal to loose weight - post any questions you like if we can't help we'll point you in the right direction. :wink:

Jane

• Posted

Hi and welcome Kelly... smile
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your replies. Im hoping to keep to a good diet, i have done for the past 3 days and have actually really enjoyed it. I have also joined the MAP support thing on the telephone so thank you to that person for posting up the telephone number smile

This might sound like a silly question but what happens with the tablets if i dont have any fat in a meal? As it is not that often i eat anything fatty, i never fry anything and i dont eat red meats. My downfall was chocolate but i have not had any since i started the tablets.

Also, i weighed myself this morning after being on the tablets since tuesday morning and seem to have lost 3 and a half pounds, surely that cant be right....?

Thanks in advance

Kelly xx

• Posted

I asked the nurse on the helpline about meals that don't contain fat, & she said the only food that contains no fat is salad & fruit, everything else has some fat, so you are very unlikely to eat a meal without fat & therefore need a pill with your meal 3 times a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.