hi im on esa but not had medical, i get standard living enhanced mobility pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

and i was sent is10 for severe disability premium,i sent it back 2weeks ago and rang today and was told they recieved it yesterday and have 6 daysow mu to process.  am i ikely to get it?, i am single, no one gets carers for me. how much will i get and how is it paid? any info great, thanks xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

also because i now get pip will i still have esa medical?
  • Posted

Hi Neil,

The form your referring to actually states that your whole case could be looked at again including your ESA, it depends on the length of ESA. But there are many factors that can hold up claims. SDP is paid on top of ESA, providing you have no carer, it works out at about £14-15 a week extra!

I went to apply for then had 2nd thoughts when my DLA claim would be changed to PIP, and all because I wanted my ESA changed from contribution-based to Income-based - I gave up, some people may think I'm stupid but I'm putting the PIP change over to as long as possible - hoping for a change in the gov't, for an instant swap from DLA to PIP.

Long story...

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les, personally I can't see any future government changing the rules for those being moved from DLA to PIP. If it was to happen (automatic transfer at the same rates) there would be hell to pay from those that on tranferring either got no award or received a lower award than what they had under DLA.And of course there are those like myself that refused to take up the offer of PIP because of the paperwork and asessments.

• Posted

Hi Neil

You claim a qualifying benefit (PIP Standard Living) and fit the other criteria in being single with no-one in receipt of carer allowance.

At first sight you would appear to qualify for Severe Disability Premium providing you don't have any other income such as an occupational pension or a non-dependant adult living with you.

Looking up rates on the Government website it states SDP is worth £61.85pw and is paid at the same time as your ESA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.