hi im waiting on having an angiogram done at the moment ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi im waiting on having an angiogram done at the moment and am so unsure how to handle things. im living in terror of this every day, I dont know whats wrong. i was admitted with chest pain, had all the tests done as i had a family history, they all came back clear. cholesterol was a bit high 6.5 i then had a heart scan done in london at great cost, and this showed zero calcium in arteries. i still get the chest pain mainly on the left side now especially when im under duress or stress. i take the aspirin and statins and wait in fear every day.

anyone else relate to this please? im so grateful to have this site to put my feelings down and maybe meet someone else experiencing the same horrors. i cant believe how hard it is to get advice and information.

[i:4279d06ba4]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4279d06ba4]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too was recently told i would have a coronary angiogram which was a total shock i thought i just had high bp which would be ok once i started the tablets that was nov 2005 it;s now jan 2006 my gp sent me for a treadmill test due to the pain i was having,I came away from the hospital with more tablets and a spray, the spray for angina,nitrolingual, a slow release for hypertension and angina,and one to thin my blood not asprin as i can not take it[plavix,colipogrel] my life seems to have gone down hill, i dont drink or smoke i"v never smoked i"m not over weight i used to cycle to and from work every day enjoyed walking and gardening there is little heart problems in our family..i too i"m really scared sad

[i:e9b7dd4004]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e9b7dd4004]

• Posted

I can relate to this. Started to get bad angina pains about 6 months ago, didnt know what it was, then I started getting pains in arms (all heavy) and then my body would behave like it had a temperatue for a few hours. That stopped but still get the pain when walking up a slope road or stairs. Had a heart scan which was nearly clear, ecg clear. Medication seems to be making me feel rotten always headache and sickness feeling and tiredness. Having angiogram next week. Scared as hell. Does anyone know if an angiogram can be done under a general anaesthetic or even conscious sedation???????
  • Posted

I have had all the test done that your all discribing, I too am on asprin and the cholestorl lowering drug, I've had the cardio anaiogram done, they do not do it under a general anaesthetic, what they do is the give you a injection to numb the area of which they are to insite the dye, this is not painful at all you dont feel anything, but my only advice is to have it done in the groin area as its less painful, was told later on after recover what the problem was and now taking the right medication for my illness.[color=darkblue:4b158b6f72][/color:4b158b6f72]
  • Posted

I have had Two heart Attacks first one 1st April 2007 and 11th Jan 2008 I have had three lots of angioplasty and two angiograms all done in my right groin please be reassured that only one time did I felt any pain it was like an angina attack, all other times was totally painless. I now have four stents fitted..

so please dont worry about having the procedure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.