Hi Ive just been diagnosed with Thyroid Nodules, am now waiting for a needle biopsy. does anyone have experience of this condition?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed by ultrasound on wednesday and am now waiting to be referred for a needle biopsy. Apparently I have one large nodule (2x3cms) on the right side, and several smaller nodules on the left. Ive read that most of these nodules are benign and are simply fluid filled cysts. However Im now panicing, as its awful having to wait to find out what I have! (Am a terrible worrier!). does anyone have any experience of this condition please, or any advice you can give? Thanks, Liz

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with one nodule in September that was measuring at 3.5 cm

try not to worry I was worrying and was making myself panic the procedure was fine and the nurses made me feel very comfortable with the biopsy they did warn me it may bruise but I didn't mine turned out to be benign and I have to go back in 6 months for another biopsy and scan but other than that mine causes me no discomfort or trouble hope this helps if you have any other questions feel free to askĀ 

• Posted

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroditis and noduls, lots of them a few years ago. The noduls were small but they conntinue to grow all the time. I had liquid taken out from the noduls and biopsy, all was fine. I will be having a total thyrodiectomy very soon because the noduls have grown and this is the only way to go. I can not wait to have the op! It will be much easier and I will have more energy, but will conntinue to take levothyroxine.

So, do not worry, these kind of noduls are benign most of the time.

• Posted

Hi there, thanks for replying! Ive literally just got home from having the biopsy (ouch!). My consultant was muttering about Hashimotos so maybe we are both going down the same route! Best of luck with your op, I imagine it will be a relief to get rid of the thyroid gland altogether!
    • Posted

Hi,

You will be fine and if you need to get rid of it, be grateful as life will get easier!

Take care,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.