Hi. Just started ectopic beats at 56

Posted , 2 users are following.

Terrifying is the only word I can think of. Coupled with health anxiety, this is the worst thing imaginable.

I attended hospital twice this weekend. Had four lots bloods taken, four ECG, all good. Told that I could see a cardiologist but doctors totally not concerned with these "benign beats". Just started on magnesium and vitamin C. I have a diagnosed duodenal ulcer, cycle hundred miles a week and walk twenty plus.

I get these beats when I lay down, coincidentally that was when my newly diagnosed ulcer affected me many years ago.

I'm a Christian and at fifty six and a man I'm not ashamed to say that I told my wife I wanted to be buried and not cremated- I was that scared.

A week into these beats, they have reduced in the day but I am terrified to go to bed because I know I will be listening for them. Last night I changed position every half hour because I could feel them kicking.

In hospital I was linked to a monitor and I could see every ectopic I felt, registered on the graph as a drop.

What's important here is that the cardiologists are only concerned with the Heart Rhythm. The cardiologist explained that the heart has four Chambers and each chamber must be actuated at the right time. As long as the sequence of firing is correct, you get discharged.

What they don't take into consideration is the psychological effect of the ectopic beats. The cardiologist said, "this is something you must take up with mental health. It's not something we can help you with". Cardiologists believe that ectopic beats can only be fixed by Lifestyle changes.

What I can confirm is this. Six months ago I decided a change in diet, cutting out most meats and introducing alternatives to sugar, herbal tea and turmeric e.t.c. Days later, ectopic beats began and lasted weeks. They went as I reverted back to my old diet.

This time I changed my diet to fruit instead of snacks and plenty of natural nuts and seeds. Guess what? Ectopic beats again.

I am convinced they are 1/ Linked to diet 2/ Linked to anxiety. Remember, your stomach is also triggered by anxiety so it's a ferris-wheel once you begin and unless you get off by losing the anxiety and noting everything you eat and drink, you will never get off.

Just great to see I'm not alone. I was so scared the past few night I slept with my bible. Terrifying and doctors need to address this urgently.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

mine started in March 2020 after symptoms appear to be Covid 19...it is driving me nuts...I didn't have it for 3 months...and it came back a week ago with vengeance with no apparent reason ...I have tried everything and I couldn't find a pattern for ...worse after having a meal ...something related to vagus nerve ..or my immune system response to Covid 19 caused this ectopics ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.