Hi ladies this is my first post on this site. I am 55 and am getting upper stomach pain and nausea

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone know if this is normal in menopause? I also wake up with back pain. It feels like discomfort under my ribs 😢 have been on her for about 4 months. Hot flushes have gone but stomach just doesn't feel right? Have had blood tests and scans all came back normal am at my wits end just want to feel like me again 😔

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Debra

Sorry you are suffering from this, stomach issues are common in menopause, I suffered nausea and had gastitis, I had an endoscopy to confirm it. It caused pain and discomfort, have you had scan on gallbladder? I had infected gallbladder years ago and no scan showed it up until I had it removed. That caused nausea and pain more in right shoulder.

• Posted

HIYA

I’ve had this loads in my last ten years of peri 

Had three upper endoscopy scans and blood tests all ok

The nausea is debilitating at times

Was given lanzaprazole as it’s suggested I have acid reflux 

Which I do believe I have my anxiety makes my stomach produce too much acid

My list of symptoms is endless but just wanted to let you know it could be acid reflux 

I don’t take the meds too many side effects 

Hope you get relief soon x

• Posted

Hi Debra, me too some where between my throat and stomach hurting pain in the rear I call it,glad hot flashes gone for you....makes me think something wrong loads a gas and acid reflux.
  • Posted

Hi debra56511

Just wanted you to know that 2 years ago I was hit with debilitating upper stomach pain all across the bottom of my rib cage which felt like I’d done a million sit ups. Also in the mid upper back. The spine and going outwards along the rib cage wrapping around to the front. The pain is burning and searing at times. It’s relentless. I’ve had ultrasound, ct scans, endoscopes and all came back clear. I’ve even had my spine MRI scanned and that isn’t the source of the pain either. I’m also going through menopause and my world has crashed with all the horrible symptoms along side this pain.

im seeing another gastroenterologist in January and I e been booked into the pain clinic.

good luck with your pain and I hope you find an answer because it’s horrible. You’re definitely. It alone and I’d say that yes it’s related to menopause.

i take omeprazole but it makes no difference. 

• Posted

Hi dizwap, I got a lot gas causing searing pains as well,I'm on laprazole tablets myself everytime I don't eat enough more gas get in..I could feel it going around my stomach and tummy and get that sickly feeling it can make you feel unwell,this is Xmas I don't feel to join in the sprint and that's not me,this menopause plays a cruel joke on us all making you think your sick when your ok but why does it make you feel all sorts is beyond me..only few months ago I told the girls on here I'm better and getting on come this month the crap came back again how many times is it going to come and go,anyway I hope you start feeling better soon with your stomach issues (((((((Hugs))))))))

• Posted

Hi debra, i too experience pains in my stomach and nausea but no vomiting. my gp states it is anxiety. I have had neck and shoulder pain since march which, got worse and in june i was refered to physio, i have been seeing a physio since october things have improved but not fixed yet. I have been experiencing lower back pain and pain in my sides under my ribs for the past 2 months. I have has USS and TVUSS, bloods all fine apart from a fibroid, i had to have a repeat B12 bloods but not heard anything yet. TBH im at my wits end, i cannot stand all these pains, are they because i am anxious and tensing i do not know.  
  • Posted

Hello Debra,

I know this is a post from 8 months ago, but I wanted to see how you are feeling now.  I too am 55.  Have not had a period for 7 months.  I have had my gallbladder out years ago.  I have had trouble with gastritis for years.  The doctor told me to take omeprazole for it and that I might have to take it for life.  It usually works, but lately I too have the stomach pain that is in my upper stomach where my ribs come together.  The pain radiates to my back between my shoulder blades.   I also have nausea, bloating, horrible night sweats and anxiety.  

Please tell me how you are doing now.  Also,  I would appreciate anyone else’s input.  Has anyone else had symptoms like this going thru this horrible peri menopause/ menopause? I am so tired of feeling like crap!

Thanks in advance for your replies 

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.