Hi Mandy!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Mandy,

How are you?????? Have missed you loads!!!!! Have you been up to KCH for your op yet????? Give us all the goss!!! :lol: :wink:

Best wishes

TFU

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey you!! xx :D

aww tfu, how are ya?? :wink:hmmm...where ta start!! yup had me op in may, spent ages in HDU, cos i lost all feelin' in me left leg, i did crack 'em all up in there, they said i came round after op, an' was really moanin' sayin' \"where's me leg?? why d'ya have ta chop me leg of for?? ya gonna sell it ain't ya?? :shock: came home about 2 weeks later!! :lol: in a wheel chair :shock: (again lol) i done a post in here somewhere about doc's, nurses, etc an' compassion...........an' the lack of it!! :x i didnt enjoy my stay up KCH at all, oh anyway, the pain in me left arm went....woo hoo!! an' i have feelin' in the top of me left leg, below the knee is still abit dodgy tho, hehe an' i have ta wear a brace on me foot ta keep it up!! i have somethin' called drop-foot.....hmmm.....might look that up while i here, lol, i'm still havin' re-hab, a nurse comes every week at home now, an' i am now back under my NS because my neck pain has come back the same as it was before surgery, i went up KCH 2 weeks ago, now i have ta have more MRI's on my spine an' head at the beginin' of dec :cry: so im still in loads of pain, on so many meds that i rattle when i walk, an' still friggin' fed up!! :wink: :lol:

so tell me how are you?? i'm still in contact with gail, bless her :x :lol: :lol:

i'm gonna have alook round now, on here, an' gonna pm you, ok?? oh hang on ya probs get the pm before ya read this!! :roll: :lol:

take care as always hunnie, xxx

• Posted

TFU, ggrr!! i can't pm you!! :wah::lol: :lol: :lol:

ok i promise ta come on here abit more often, to see ya k?? :hug: :lol: xx

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Sounds like you had as much fun at KCH as I did. Was you on Murray Falconer ward? Hell on earth. I had two stints in there, but the third time I was in Kinnier Wilson and quite honestly I could have been on a different planet, not just down a floor in the same department. It sounds like you are slowly recovering though which is good. But I know just how frustrating it all can be. I too am full of pills, I take more now than I did before the ops. So I think to myself why the hell did I bother. As you know the lovely people at KCH f*cked up my op and I needed another emergency one a few weeks later. And yesterday I had my 36th hospital appointment since February, with many more booked in over the coming weeks. And I am now at 4 hospitals!!! All that and the chances of getting better are zilch, nil, nothing!!! So now I am suing them for the effects of all the damage they caused that day. It was a year ago last week, so it is a bit difficult at present as every day I am reliving memories of exactly what happened on that very day 12 months earlier. Having been admitted three times in a month and with everything (grotty) that happened there is a lot to remember. A year ago today was the massive flood of spinal fluid from my wound, the start of being unable to sit or stand for even three seconds because of the resulting head pain and being rushed to A&E where I spent 12 hours overnight on a trolley waiting to be transferred back to KCH in the morning. Such happy times!!!!!

If you get fed up at KCH you may want to think about transferring to the National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery in London, they are brilliant. Slow, but brilliant. A bit further to travel but then it must take you ages to get to KCH anyway.

So if you are pretty much laid up does that mean that I can't come to yours for delicious roast pigeon again this Christmas. Oh well, I suppose it is my turn to cook this year. I'm not quite up to humping around a huge turkey yet, but I thought I would try a small chicken, if you are up to the trip??????? I do some pretty mean roast potatoes too. All washed down with a handful of tablets......delicious!!

Love ya, best wishes

TFU :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Posted

hey you, i've pm'd ya, xx, email me :wink:

hi sara,xx, an' gail,xx,

awww an' all fellow sufferers :hug: big hugs, :wink:

• Posted

there was so nothin' wrong with that message!! :steam:

come on mods, purleaze :hug:

how was it reported?? i disappeared before it hit the screen :wah:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.