Hi my daughter has just been diagnosed with HS how can I help ease her pain

Posted , 15 users are following.

Any thing I can do to ease her pain apart from the creams and the lotions

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is your daughter verbal?  if not, maybe she could use a picture-based pain scale.
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, 

Me again! How old is your daughter? I've been thinking about you both all day sad I was diagnosed last Easter. I still haven't been referred to a dermatologist but that is my next port of call. I'd suggest if your doc hasn't already done this, that you push for it. I'm at stage 2 now, bordering on stage 3 so need to stop it progressing to that if I can. I think probably a dermatologist would be able to give the best advice for you - we are all well meaning but as you can see we all come up with an array of advice. I think it's because we're all a bit trial and error, what works for one doesn't work for another. The communication issue makes it doubly awkward for you. Anyway, sending best wishes and do push for a derm referral sooner rather than later. 

Rachel x

• Posted

Hi Rachel

My daughter is 16 . We finally got to dermatology after over 12 months of our doctors putting her own 3 month courses of antibiotics and different creams none of which worked. As soon as doctor at derma sore her soares she said it was hs . So now I know am trying to get as much info as I can .

Thank you for your support. Regards Tracy

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I feel for you.  My daughter is 15 and has it too and it causes her a lot of distress and time off school.  We get large dressings on prescription and she keeps these on most days after thoroughly cleansing with antibacterial wipes (Boots do a bit packet for about £2.50) and dousing with wound wash or dettol spray.  This certainly reduces the time she has to deal with them when she has a flare up.

Your doctor can also prescribe antibacterial body wash and Nivea have an antibacterial deoderant in their mens range (I'm assuming it's under her arms but it might not be).

My daugher has just started the combination antibiotic treatment and after reading the advice on here about tomatoes, peppers etc, we'll try eliminating those too.

Good luck and keep us informed of her progress.

Best wishes, Karen

• Posted

Hi tracy, if she have boils then some warm compresses will help bring them out, and ease the pain.if the boils popped already , keep them clean with hibicleans, or betadine. The best you can do is spend some time reading through this forum, all your answers should be here.
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, 

Just wondering how you and your daughter are getting on? 

BW

Rachel 

• Posted

Hi, I find that vicks vapor rub helps, I use the cheap generic brand. Leave it on overnight. Also, a nightshade elmination diet may be able to put her in remission like me.
  • Posted

Lotions and creams didn't do anything for me. See a dermatologist, ask about Humira. I've been taking it for two months. For me it's a miracle drug for H S.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.