hi my left lung collapse in may 2015 nearly 5months later im still off work

Posted , 5 users are following.

The problems I have is my left lung collapsed 100% had a chest drain in for a week then had to go to Nottingham for a operation to reattach my lung to the ribcage stayed there for two weeks once I got out of hospital I had a check up back at Nottingham they took another xray and theysaid eeverything is satisfactory on the left side but I hav 8 more blebs on the right I use to be so physical I set up my own business and was working all hours 7days some times as a mechanic but now ive had to close my garage because I cant lift or undo any stubbon bolts as it strains me so ive been resting but now I still have pains like its happening again so I am scared of doing any strenuous work incase it does happen ive been back to hospital since as they were monitoring the blebs but they won't operate unless one of them burst and the lung collapses they say my right lung will collapse some time in the future could be today next year or in 10 years so I have to live in fear of another episode I always feel tired if I do any physical jobs I fall asleep after and I have pain for hours after but it eases with time the doctors says its all part of the healing process but ive gone from a physical man at 39 to a shadow of my former self at 40 if any one has any advice or suggestions on how to get over this would be much appreciated im a stay at home dad now but wanting to get back in work

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I to had my left lung stapled to the wall after removing 1/3 of the upper lobe. Left lung collapsed 7× and then started on my right lung now 2×.... Never ending, and not much we can do...how do you survive?; Does SS help with this situation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.