HI NEW HERE! C Spine heinated discs unmangeable pain advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Most of my c spine C34567 is severely dengenrataed and 2 of my disca are herniated and i have bad compression at  c5 c6 c7 .I am in a lot of pain my symtoms were misdiagnosed for 3 years!!! found out in May this year, by this time pain unmangeable.

You dont know what a relief it was to find out, any way I digress,,

An neuroseugeon  offered me  an op but said it wouldnt help my pain in my neck as that was degeneration, but it might help my arm pain never mentioned my leg pain which he ignored,(i know its unusual)

Then a few days ago i saw a different neurosurgen who said he could give me some relief with injections but not a cure. in desperation i have bought an invertion table not used, it hasnt arrived yet.

Any information or kind guidance from first hand suffers very very welcome, a warm hello to you all smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The only thing I have found is to sit on a recliner with pillows under the upper legs which seems to take all pressure off the back mess.

I am 72 so I am sure this is not a solution for a younger person.

I am very limited with standing, sitting on chairs, walking, etc.

I do try to do some walking each day even if broken up into small intervals.

I tried Bowen, Physiotherapy, Tens, exercises, etc but to no avail. Some said they could fix it but they could not.

• Posted

Thank you for you reply. It's very much appreciated. I am in my forties and just desperate to have my life back. Now I know it my c Spine I am kind to try things before I have an op. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.