hi new here i need help....(reassurance)

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive suffered from health anxiety and agoraphobia for about 4 years now.... ive had many many symptoms and always feel better once everythin(doubts/worries)  is reassured .... this may sound weird but i have allot of stomach problems from my anxiety... when i get super anxious i get bowel movements and have to go relieve myself i feel better right after  but if i dont go my anxiety increases... anyone else been or suffer trough this... thanks in advanced 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joe, anxiety and  panic is just that no matter the reason. Most of us don't even know why. When it interfares with your  life, like it did mine, which was all comsuming, and I could not leave my house, I called my family doc, and got on medication. Thank god I am living again. Please do yourself a favor, and call your family doctor. 

• Posted

The first thing anyone with anxiety needs is the right anti anxiety medication, so you can think clearly and tamp the fear down. Please  do yourself a favor and start there. I absolutely  agree with Kimberly. Do that as soon as possible. There are many things you can do to help yourself, but that is the first one.

If it's going to be a few days until you see a doctor, you can start now by cutting out the things that really make anxiety worse; caffeine, sugar, soda of all kinds, fast foods, fried foods and pot if you do any. Google for complete list of food that helps anxiety and foods that make it worse.

You can also start something else right now...controlled breathing. Check Google for that, too. You picked a good forum. Hang in there, follow the advice from people who are in the same boat if it feels right for you, and remember, the nasty, scary thoughts are only thoughts brought on by raging  out of control adrenaline. Stay in touch, Joewink

• Posted

thank you very much for the advice ... happy i found this forum..finally ill have a place where someone can hear me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.